2017 Predictions.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 20, 2017.

1. cpninja

cpninja Member

Georgia Tech L
    Indiana State W
    @Florida L
    Umass W
    Georgia L
    South Carolina L
    @Alabama L
    @Kentucky W
    Southern Miss W
    @Missouri W
    LSU L
    Vanderbilt L

5-7, Butch is out after Bama hangs 50 on us

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fired when uk knocks us off to drop to 2 and 6.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

7-5 seems about right to me

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7-5. Interim coach saves us from 8 losses.

5. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

6-6

GTech - L
    IndySt - W
    @ UF - L
    Umass - W
    UGA - L
    (bye week here)
    USC - L
    @Bama - L
    @KY - W ..... this game has a potential to be a loss, IMO... due to fatigue and malaise, coming off 3 straight SEC losses, at this point in the season.
    SMiss - W
    @Mizzou - W
    LSU - L
    @Vandy - W

Unless he loses to either KY or Vandy, I don't think he gets fired this year. I think it's next year.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Pretty much where I'm at, but this earns Butch a pink slip imo. I go back and forth on GT but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we lose.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We hang onto him after that season and they better go ahead and slash season tickets by 75%.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

They ought to run a complimentary shuttle bus from Sab's house to the stadium.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hear callers on sports talk excusing a poor season due to the loss of Dobbs, Hurd, Kamari's, etc. I can't figure that out. They didn't win anything. It's not like we lost Vince Young or Reggie Bush or some other players that actually accomplished stuff on the field. We couldn't win anything with those guys and can't use their abscence as an excuse now that they are gone.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not to mention we were told we were rebuilding when they were here too. The perpetual rebuild.

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yup, we go 0-4 against UF,UGA,USC and Bama and it's over. The only way you could recover from that is to destroy the rest of the schedule including a highly ranked LSU and at that point the wheels have probably come off so that would be a pipe dream.

The x-factors here are Shoop and Dormady imo. 9-3 isn't unrealistic, I'm just not gonna bet on Butch leading a team to reaching its potential.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

At this point either recruiting isn't really that good, which is all Butch has to hang his hat on thus far, or the coaching sucks. We should be ahead of everyone on the schedule minus Bama due to either talent, experience, or length of time with coach's system in place.

13. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I predict I'll be watching a lot more Sun Devil football if Botch still has a job in November....

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you realize they are going 4-8 right?

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yeah, but they traditionally suck with a good year here and there with a great year once in a blue moon... Tennessee is not supposed to just flat out suck.

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I take the most negative approach. I think we get lucky against GA yet again. Whoever their best RB is will get hurt. And, there must be some win during the season to make everyone think...well, maybe. That is Butch's trademark. At that point, we are 4-1, ranked maybe 12-14 and, well, you know...some glimmer. Then Muschamp will prove his ownership of Butch once again. But, we play Bama tougher than expected, something like 31-17. Lots of sandbagging about how far behind of them we are yet fought in the postgame. But, at 4-2, much will be made of the fact that FL already has 1 conference loss, GA has 1 and we are in the hunt for the east owning the tie breaker with GA. But, we definitely lose to LSU and either Vandy or Mizzou gets us. I cannot predict which one yet, but if Vandy has an interim in that game with a backup QB, we are in trouble.

7-5, lobby for and get a better bowl game than deserved and win it. Butch stays. Behind the scenes, Butch gets an ultimatum. One in which he is determined to meet the bare minimum requirements. We finish with the number 10 Class and a lot of hype for 2018. Yawn. Oh, and an early favorite to win the East in 2018 with a Sr QB. Bigger yawn. 8 wins in 2018.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Correction: I was copy pasting and this posted prematurely. No one else has that problem, I am sure. But, I could not edit it. Here is a replacement.

I take the most negative approach. I think we get lucky against GA yet again. Whoever their best RB is will get hurt. And, there must be some win during the season to make everyone think...well, maybe. That is Butch's trademark. At that point, we are 4-1, ranked maybe 12-14 and, well, you know...some glimmer. Then Muschamp will prove his ownership of Butch once again. But, at 4-2, much will be made of the fact that FL already has 1 conference loss, GA has 1 and we are in the hunt for the east owning the tie breaker with GA. We play Bama tougher than expected, something like 31-17. Lots of sandbagging about how far behind of them we are yet fought in the postgame. But, we definitely lose to LSU and either Vandy or Mizzou gets us. I cannot predict which one yet, but if Vandy has an interim in that game with a backup QB, we are in trouble.

7-5, lobby for and get a better bowl game than deserved and win it. Butch stays. Behind the scenes, Butch gets an ultimatum. One in which he is determined to meet the bare minimum requirements. We finish with the number 10 Class and a lot of hype for 2018. Yawn. Oh, and an early favorite to win the East in 2018 with a Sr QB. Bigger yawn. 8 wins in 2018

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

you must be some sort of goddang genius and are copy-pasting from the future. IMO, JMO.

Let me add that if he goes 7-5 and then wins 8, there will STILL be many fans saying he deserves more time for year 7 and on. Something about stability and character. Maybe something about tradition *puke*.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean, Nick Saban didn't win a National or SEC Championship in year 7 at Bama. I don't know why we are expecting so much from Butch. It just isn't realistic guys.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

this is pretty accurate unfortunately. I wouldn't expect my dog to be able to balance my checkbook.