Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Son made the All-American baseball team and played in Orlando. It was fun for the players until the volunteer daddy coaches tried to coach. They lacked the temperament to coach young kids. I was disappointed.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nice.

What organization?

3. CardinalVol

August 31.

LL started the 50/70 Intermediate League a few years ago and it's not really taken off. I know of a couple of leagues that tried it and reverted back to 46/60. For whatever reason it just hasn't taken off. The big change next year will be the back change being implemented by everyone other than U-trip.

4. Low Country Vol

U-Trip

5. CardinalVol

Nice, congrats.

6. Low Country Vol

Thank you. It was a great experience. I would recommend they would hire local college or upper classmen in high school players to coach the youth teams in this event. It would make it much more fun.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my boys got moved up a division in t ball because of their birthday and they tested out of their division so now they can be on their cousin's team which is managed by my brother in law. they are excited about it, but man are the parents on this team a little too into eachother. one kid got moved up to the higher division and my sister in law doesn't like him or the parents so she had my brother in law call them up to encourage them to not fight the move (something she does with regularity. this team is all about her friends) while they are literally calling the board so he can stay with his "friends." a couple of other kids may not be able to be drafted because they are in the same skill slots as other kids and those are his coaches and the parents are freaking out. it's tball people. i'm half inclined to tell my brother in law i'm going to manage my own team so I can get away from these crazy people.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah sorry. that was a lot of text

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

"That was just an introductory paragraph." - TennyD

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

My Dad always supported whatever I wanted athletics wise, but he was so happy when I quit baseball (travel ball specifically), in part do to the parental insanity, and I'd say my team had less nutjob parents than most.

13. CardinalVol

Welcome to little league drama.

14. CardinalVol

I'm just glad my son has to practice tonight and not me after how we played Saturday. Told him I'd rest up after school today if I were him.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i sort of get the competitive parents. I just don't get the people who think it's a social club #1 and that's my sister in law.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we got invited to a party where my brother in law invited all his coaches and such. I remember thinking this group of adults were a little too into eachother. I feel sorry for my BIL because I guarantee he won't be able to draft everyone and will lose a friend. I feel sort of bad my kids are taking roster spots given the dynamic. I don't want bad feelings.

17. CardinalVol

Anybody got a 8 year old football team that wantes to come and play in Maryville on Saturday? Apparently the team we were supposed to play backed out.

18. CardinalVol

This NC team is insanely good.

Back to back no-nos. And knock the cover off the ball.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher