Peyton Manning to Broncos

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 19, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was spoiled by Neyland.

I want to go to Lambeau and Arrowhead. I may get to see a game at Soldier Field this year.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I've traveled to see the Bengals play several away games. Most surprising venue is Baltimore. That place is scary: literally scary.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Titans won head-to-head last season. Are you going to argue that the Titans wouldn't be a playoff team in the AFC West?

I guarantee I have watched a hell of a lot more Broncos games than you over the last 2 years, and probably Titans games too. They were dead even, until Manning went West.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Denver does have a much much better pass rush. Champ Bailey is better than all 4 of the Titans' dbs combined

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can someone name for me the amazing weapons the Broncos have?

The argument that the Titans are out-classed by the Broncos is without foundation. This was about management and leadership. The Broncos organization has it. The Titans were stupid for being in the conversation when they already had their QB situation in decent shape.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Champ Bailey is past his prime and it shows. Is he better than any of the Titans' db's? Yes. Combined? Try watching him play and say that with a straight face. He was exposed badly by the Patriots, and the Steelers got plays off of him too. He doesn't have the acceleration he used to.

Not going to argue the pass rush.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They aren't any worse than the Titans. Tennessee has a RB that's pretty much retired, a one legged WR and Nate Washington.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And an old Champ Bailey is more valuable than the starting DBs for the Titans

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is Denver's running back? I'm willing to wager that C. Johnson has more rushing yards than Moreno next season. I'll take that one-legged WR and Nate Washington over Thomas and Decker.

Seriously, I know these two teams and there is no roster strength advantage to be had.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Offenses target him now, when he is matched up against a quick enough guy. You can worship at the altar of his impressive and dominant career all day, but in 2011 and in 2012 he is just a mere mortal DB. A really good one, but mortal. Don't take my word for it, watch him play.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's still much better than bad DBs and a midget that can't control his emotions.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

McGahee and Moreno are a better combo than Johnson (who quit about 8 minutes into the season last year) and Javon Ringer. I'll take the physical freak and the steady possession guy over a guy recovering from a severe knee injury and one of the most unreliable WRs in the game today.

And the fact that Denver plays in the AFC West had more to do with it than anything.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Travis Henry comin back.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Al Wilson about to come on WVLT to discuss Manning's move.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

16. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Wilson Interview

Guess all the TitanVol Manning bashers will have to hate Al too now...

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I have not seen any of those rivalries live. I have seen Bears/Vikings at Soldier, and there isn't any comparison.

The '08 Titans home playoff game against the Ravens was pretty wild, but it still didn't measure up to a big college rivalry game. Pro crowds are just different.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Make that 2. I am not a rabid Titans fan. Fantasy football has led me to pull for individual players more than any one team. There are several teams that I like. There are no teams that I love. There are several that I hate (Denver, Washington, Miami, New England). I like the Titans and like to see them win, but I don't get that sick feeling in my gut or become infuriated when they lose to a team they should beat by 5 Tds (see UT/KY 2011). The only team that causes the intense emotions I mentioned is my Vols. I have felt ill and pissed a lot over the last few years......

19. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I think what makes college football better live is just the devastation of losing is greater which makes the joy of winning subsequently greater. That tension is always present at a college game. You can lose 8 games and make the playoffs in the NFL.

20. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

This is how I feel. So what if I like particular players. I want former Vols to succeed. Can I pull for the broncos now? If not, what do I have to do to not be a bandwagon bronco? Whats the easiest way?