Peyton Manning to Broncos

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kptvol, Mar 19, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Offer your first born up to John Elway?

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

1. I think that is a great deal of it. People advocating any sort of playoff in NCAA should keep this in mind.

2. I think college teams naturally represent an alumni base, a state, and a community much better than professional teams. I'm sure there are those that will disagree, but it is easier for me to believe that the kids at State U are representing me than the multimillionaire hired gun who held out all preseason.

3. cotton

1. I think that is a great deal of it. People advocating any sort of playoff in NCAA should keep this in mind.

2. I think college teams naturally represent an alumni base, a state, and a community much better than professional teams. I'm sure there are those that will disagree, but it is easier for me to believe that the kids at State U are representing me than the multimillionaire hired gun who held out all preseason.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I want this tattooed somewhere on [MENTION=48]NYYVol[/MENTION] by dawn.

Money.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would gladly take that match up. Oh wait, last season i already did and won.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If denver isnt in the afc west and elway isnt running the show, manning goes to san francisco. The titans were not a worse team roster-wise. If anything, they are an under-achieving team

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But the Titans have a former Pro Bowl QB running the show. Hasselbeck may not be elite, but he is a lot better than Tebow.

I think that if you really want to know what happened, here is my theory: Manning knew almost as soon as he was told he'd be out for the entire season that the Colts would almost certainly be in a position to take Luck. He has been going over rosters and game film for months and decided a long time ago that the Broncos were his choice. San Fran's big success last season got them in the mix and some bold moves by Bud Adams got the Titans a look. But by the time those teams were starting to get consideration Peyton had long ago selected Denver as the favorite. The Titans or Niners were going to have to really show him something special to make him rethink his initial choice. They didn't and he stuck with his first instinct. It was the Broncos all along.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Quite possible

9. cotton

You may be exactly right, but if so, I bet he was the only person in the organization to figure that out. Dumping the coach, scrapping a pretty good roster, firing the Polians, and starting from scratch makes me think the ownership was shocked that they were one injury away from being the worst team in the league.

Now, if you told me that Manning had a backup plan and has been seriously weighing potential suitors since the end of September, I'd whole heartedly agree.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think plenty of us foresaw the Colts having an epically bad season this year. The last three years of Colt success were around 95% Peyton, without even exaggerating.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then ownership wasn't paying attention. The defense had two legit players in Freeney and Mathis, the rest were average players. The offense consisted of Peyton telling everyone but Reggie Wayne what to do about 4 seconds before the snap.

12. cotton

I would say deluded rather than inattentive. I think they believed they were a Super Bowl contender with Peyton and a playoff contender without him and were surprised to find out how wrong they were.

Why else would they have gone through the Kerry Collins experiment? They could have easily been the worst team in the league with someone already on their roster.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Collins was lost for the season in the first game, was he not? He might have gotten the team over the hump in a couple of the close games had he stayed healthy. Certainly wasn't taking them to the playoffs, but he might have kept the passing game average after he settled in.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Columbia Daily Tribune Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jim Driver, 1933-2012

James H. "Jim" Driver, 78, of Eagle, Colo., formerly of Columbia, passed away Monday, March 19, 2012, at South Hampton Place in Columbia after a brief illness. An avid Broncos fan, he abhorred Manning and evidently wanted out before a deal was done.

A service is planned for late May at Jim's favorite place on Earth, the "Big Rock" at Sylvan Lake's Yeoman Park in Eagle, Colo.....

Jim Driver, 1933-2012 - Obituaries | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I hope he didn't get confused and give his soul to Tebow.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

True fan Bronco for Life, imo.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That may be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

IP, how are the Broncos fans that were obsessing over Tebow reacting to this?

As for you, still a Titans fan, right?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Eric Decker stays healthy, he's going to be a star now that Peyton is there.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw a hat with a broncos logo, tebow's #, but was Jets green. Most of the tebow slurpers were reformed overnight though.

The titans fanbase is doing an excellent job of alienating me by dissing my childhood hero. We'll see. I plan on having an 8th maxim presser on the subject in the next week.