Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anyone watch The Crown? It looks good from the Season 2 trailer.

dc4utvols likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The punisher's been alright. Some good sequences and whatnot. I think I am just burned out on comic book stuff.

The Punisher of the comics is a sort of relentless force for vengeance and vigilante justice, correcting wrongs that have escaped the ability of the law to do so. The Punisher of netflix feels more like a nagging for vengeance and retaliatory murder.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

uh, sorry for the quadruple post? That's weird. Only his reply once.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Gruden Shakes. Causes you to spasm when hitting the reply button.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Season two went the wrong direction but the show managed to pivot back.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Being down here surrounded by others who are equally preoccupied with the hire has been therapeutic. You are lucky to live in East Tennessee. I am beginning to realize that if I can't live here, I should one day try and get a piece of property and keep a camp here.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I stopped watching Homeland after Season 2. Do I need to give it another shot?

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If you enjoyed season 1 and youblike tgat genre, give it a shot. It has never been the show I thought it could be but season 2 was just bad.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've always stuck with Homeland and end up enjoying it. She can annoy the crap out of me but I like Dara and Saul and the varying story lines. I also like that they seemed to often be almost ahead of news when filming, as far as uprisings, isis, etc.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes, it’s very good.

Tenacious D and dc4utvols like this.
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Homeland kind of irritated me with the dumbass terrorists concocting these genius schemes that totally overwhelm the Americans. Seemed like BS.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes. Thought it was really good.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

American Vandal is a trip

chavisut likes this.
  14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just finished Ozark. Good, not great. Too many holes in the plot. Some seriously egregious mistakes made in a few scenes that are supposed to be serious but make you laugh.

15. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

Ozark is worth watching.

American Crime is OK.

Just started Bosch (Amazon) -- no verdict yet, has potential as it is based on Michael Connelly novels and Connelly is a great writer.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

If you want to really be mind blown by time travel and it’s consequences then watch Dark. It’s a new Netflix series. It’s mind boggling.

dc4utvols and IP like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

As a fan of the Punisher comics, there was a big fan payoff at the end of the series I wasn't anticipating.

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

In November I put out the $8+ for a second Netflix so my wife and I could watch what we want without fooling with PINs and curious kids. Its the most TV I have watched in years.

So far I have watched Stranger Things, Dark, The Crown, Broadchurch, Versailles and Van Helsing. Still in the process of finishing Versailles and Van Helsing. My wife has been watching Call the Midwife. Its a bit too dull for me.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Versailles and Dark good?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Versailles grows on you. Some complexity to the characters, but at first it feels like they shoehorn sex stuff too much.