You in, or nah???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Will Pruitt return UT to championship contention?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 50/50

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

It is worth repeating: that is [uck fay]ing gross.

WTF is wrong with tennessee?

warhammer and JayVols like this.
  2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Rumored staff is looking good, but I still think 6-6 is the best we can hope for for next year and I don't feel like he consistently a 9 win guy, more like 7-8 and if things come together like 2016, he could sneak into an SECCG. Just happy that it seems we're going back to Tennessee football for better or worse.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

“Butch Jones has done a nice job there,” - Saban

JayVols likes this.
  4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Doesn't matter to me.

At all.

He's the Head Football Coach at the University of Tennessee. He shouldn't be in Tuscaloosa helping Alabama.

That's my unwavering position.

warhammer, reVOLt, utvol0427 and 2 others like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Do you all think Ainge sees himself as a Tennessee football hero who represents the Fulmer golden era?

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think he sees kaleidoscope.

utvol0427, JayVols and A-Smith like this.
  7. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I'm in. Not thrilled about him coaching bammer in playoffs, but I get it. If Fulmer tells him "No, you can't coach bama in the playoffs", would that have been a deal breaker?
    This guy may be outstanding. I feel more confident about this hire than "orange britches or the flutist". This team has some talent. If we can build a new line and develop a qb, I could see 8 wins next year.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Ok, so how about when the playoff is over?

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It isn’t over.

warhammer likes this.
  10. GahLee

Well yeah, seems to be his main sticking point with Pruitt. So when the playoff is over, what will it be?

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He didn’t come to UT at the expense of AL, which he should have done. He’s also a DC, making the hire almost potluck, thus a poor one.

12. JayVols

Did MSU/UF's Dan Mullen see things through in Starkville?

How about FSU/aTm's Jimbo Fisher in Tallahassee?

I do admire the desire to finish. The more I've learned about him, the better I like Scott Frost and understand his desire to try to finish a perfect season with the team he built from a winless season in only 2 years. This is a testament that he really believes what he has preached at UCF about being family, caring about his players for real. His words are not hollow and designed to make him look like a better guy than he is. He's actually walking what he's talking. The world has too few people in it today that does that. I have developed a true respect for the man.

Having said all that, the fact is he is short changing those players, present and future, in Lincoln that he's committed himself. It's a tough choice, sure. Life is full of tough choices. He made his decision when he accepted the new job. He has a new obligation there he should be honoring. There's no way for there to be a fairy tale ending in these situations where a commitment to an old team is totally fulfilled while taking care of all that needs to be done with a new commitment with a new team. It sucks, but that's just impossible...and true.

dtmvol likes this.
  13. GahLee

I agree that he should be solely focused on UT at this point but I understand wanting to finish the season. In the long run, this isn't going to determine future success here. It's nothing more than a footnote.

14. GahLee

Florida State and Mississippi State aren't in the playoff. If they were, those coaches would surely finish the season just the same.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cutcliffe didnt coach the NC.

warhammer, reVOLt and JayVols like this.
  16. GahLee

We can find examples of both and just continue a circle jerk if we want. Not sure what he could do during a dead period and no bowl game practice. Is what it is.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just want to know he is all in. He should be poaching their recruits and especially their leans.

18. JayVols

Tennessee isn't in the playoffs. I don't care what happens in them. As of the millisecond he officially became Tennessee's coach, Pruitt's involvement in Alabama's appearance in the playoffs should be limited to watching the game on TV while he's working his ass off in his office with a laser focus on making Tennessee better.

reVOLt and utvol0427 like this.
  19. GahLee

He very well could be.

20. GahLee

Ok. So what exactly can he do during a dead period and no bowl game for UT to practice?