You in, or nah???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Will Pruitt return UT to championship contention?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 50/50

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Nah, bro. No bowl game to prepare for, so not much to do.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Where is this talk that he isn't going to do anything coming from?

"NCAA rules allow bowl teams to practice or hold other athletic activities up to four hours per day or 20 hours per week between the end of the regular season and a bowl game. While coaches often refer to the "15 extra practices" that come with a bowl invitation, there is no specific limit to the number of practices a team can hold during bowl preparation."

That's plenty of time to do the other stuff for UT.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I imagine he'll be spending a fair amount of time prepping, game planning, etc. in addition to the 20 hours of practice time per week, no? It's time that should be spent focused on Tennessee, not Alabama.

reVOLt likes this.
  4. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

There is no way to spin it. We are bama's little [itch bay].

reVOLt and chavisut like this.
  5. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

You know they love it in that shitty state. I would, if the head coach of ala[uck fay]ingbama was working on helping tennessee win a national championship.

6. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I hope he is distracted enough to lose to Clemson. :)

reVOLt likes this.
  7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nobody said any of that crap. The OC job at SC sucked this season. You can convince yourself otherwise, but it why they are watching the playoffs.

He might be a great hire. That doesn’t change the shitty fashion in which this was done nor does it change that the outcome was worse than each of our peers in the market, given what we know now about the choices.

That’s not dooming UT. That’s damning the idiots running this.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

And help widen the gap between the programs by aiding in another title? By better teaching AL players? At this point, hurting AL is the only option.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We're clearly [uck fay]ed. No reason to ever watch a game. Rest in peace Tennessee football.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Non sequitur on my part, but damn guys it does not seem that bad to me.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Well, ask yourself why the guy took a lateral (at best) move to UGa after winning a title at DC for FSU. Then why did Richt want him out at UGA?

This story doesn’t have a pretty end.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This logic leap is yours. Enjoy it.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I admit it was hyperbolic, but so is poopooing these hires right off the bat when they've shown some success.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No it isn’t. He might be a good hire. The people and process that got us here was crap.

I know very well a former SEC DC. I don’t at all like what he knows.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

About these staff members or what went on in this search? And good luck finding someone to argue this wasn't the biggest cluster of a search ever seen in college football.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

About this hire.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's certainly no saint, but neither is the guy a lot of people want in Kiffin.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Again, his not finding a head gig after FSU title is an issue. UGA DC seems an odd step.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pruitt? How many coaches get head gigs at a big school before the age of 40? And with only 1 year as DC. He would have been 39.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Defensive staff looks strong. O seems underwhelming, but maybe itll take shape.