The Indy Talks To Himself (NBA) Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Robert Horry > Lebron and MJ

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Huh? So scoring last second baskets to either win or force OT is meaningless?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I understand your point. Takes basketball acumen to understand giving up layups or missing fts that turn into last second shots for your team isnt factored in. Then again, when its ok to loaf or take a break on defense, you are gonna give up more and need more desperation shots. Some watch and only see the last shot. Others of us see the rest.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Oh great, now the guy who can't tell the difference between "best" and "most skilled" or the difference between "defense" and "steals + blocks" is here to tell us about his superior basketball acumen. If that actually described you, it'd be obvious and you wouldn't have to repeat it every third post.

5. Ssmiff

Lets meet in Nashville and watch a game. Ill teach you what to look for, besides the round ball going thru the hoop. Lyls was correct in what he posted. How many of those clutch shots came from giving up a 6 point lead with a minute left? I wouldnt expect you to understand. Stat watchers usually don't get much.

NYY likes this.
  6. NashVol11

A summary of your last 10 posts: "I'm smarter than you, because I said so."

I've never been a "stat-watcher." I'm just entertained by your attempt at condescension given some of the idiotic takes you've thrown out there recently.

7. NashVol11

No shit there's context behind last-second shots. When you repeatedly talk about how clutch Jordan was without applying that same logic to him, that's when it becomes laughable. "Clutchness" in general is way overstated, and often a product of selective memory.

8. Ssmiff

Its all gonna be ok. As expected, a view from another angle is considered idiotic if not agreed upon. LeBron is great. That shot last night was nasty and he hardly ever goes glass.
    Clutch shot #s/% may mean your last 2 minutes defense is worst in the league. That's all.

9. GahLee

This narrative you are trying to push is absurd.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If I’m down one with :05 to go....

Give me mother [uck fay]ing Jordan all day long. Or better yet, I have an entire game on the line for my life... give me MJ with any conglomeration of 4 others out there.

11. GahLee

It could mean that...or it could mean that James will more often than not get you the basket you need at the games most crucial point.

Its definetly one of those.

NashVol11 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

I don't believe I've posted one time about anybody being "clutch", Jordan included. Feel free to go back and show me. If I did, I dont recall. If you are angry and making shit up to build a point, go take a break.

13. Ssmiff

No way. His 85% or whatever FT% vs mid 70s doesnt mean anything.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Except it’s not.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

James is damn good. And in the mix of best ever. But the dude still has a spotty outside game at best.

And don’t even get me started on some of his mental midget mood swings.

16. GahLee

The last part favors James
    I cant believe people are questioning a guys effort who plays more than anyone (at 33) and produces more than anyone (for a decade now). You guys are reaching pretty deep here.

17. Ssmiff

So dramatic. My narrative is its a half assed stat.

18. NashVol11

Close games as proof of defensive failure is definitely a dumb narrative. Close games happen in the playoffs and it's been that way forever. Happened with Jordan, too.

19. NashVol11

Every stat lacks context in some way. Where were your comments about half-assed stats when people threw out "6 rings!!" for the 50th time?

20. Ssmiff

I hope LeBron wins. I dont like Golden State. Illegal pick, carry, carry, walk, travel, launch from 30, swish. What a clutch shot by Igouldala, who's at 60% clutch rate.