AJ Johnson trial

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Exactly.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wait, what?

Sleeping around makes her a whore, and it should be legal to rape whorish women?

Women who give their numbers out can then be raped, as that’s what you consider to be consenting to having sex with them?

Because she got a new phone and it didn’t save her history - so she somehow then deserves to be raped? Or does the fact that she didn’t have a timely backup now automatically invalidate or show her testimony as lacking credibility?How do you connect those dots of logic, exactly?

And what if you did have her texts - and it said all manners of pleading for sexual acts to be done to her?

So. [uck fay]ing. What.

If her text history said anything you wanted it to, but she didn’t consent in that moment, or had consented and then withdrew it at any time - it’s rape.

And what about their end of things? Where’s their phones that she sent these credibility destroying texts to, and which you believe exist? If they don’t produce these messages from her, is their credibility then destroyed, too?

This is the worst argument I’ve seen in a long, long time.

The Dooz, IP, lylsmorr and 1 other person like this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t care if she said “No” or not - because it doesn’t matter.

If she didn’t positively consent, and maintain it throughout, then it’s rape.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't find the accuser to be credible. As far as the other dramatic bullshit Tenny just posted, if that's what you got from it, whatever. You are assuming she is telling the 100% truth and the dudes are lying. That's your choice. In this particular case, I believe she's lying. Frankly I believe she's a drunken psychopath nympho that tried to get her HS friend to hook up with a football player the night she came in town and settled for a 2 on 1, then got embarrassed as the whole party would know.

NEW COACH likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And you’re assuming she’s lying and have done a psychological profile on a woman you’ve never even spoken with. Tenny is saying “innocent until proven guilty” for both parties, not just one.

Also, my phone tried to autocorrect Tenny to Tranny

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he is doing the opposite of assuming. He's saying a lot of that is just noise. You've got a narrative but does it really add up to being plausible doubt? She's a psychopath nympho, says what accredited professional? That's a claim you would need to support, and as far as I know the defense hasn't gone there.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think everyone involved is telling what they believe is the truth. And that adds up to these boys being in the wrong. If the defense agrees these two were engaging her, that this group sex occurred after one girl noped out, it seems far more believable she didn't intend to take them both on

8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Probably. Still can’t prove it though.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Beyond reasonable doubt though?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know all the facts, but if I were on the jury I'd be awfully uncomfortable finding them innocent

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's close. Don't know

12. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Jury better be convinced they’re guilty if that’s the decision.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Prosecution needs some more evidence.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it reasonable to doubt that this girl went into a room with 2 guys and a friend and then consented to being with both of them after her friend leaves, only to come out upset and claiming rape falsely? I think she was down for 1. I don't feel like I can reasonably believe that she's lying and wanted both despite going in with her friend and leaving claiming rape, given all we know. But I can see how one could, if there was some additional information.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm glad I'm not on the jury. I saw plenty of girls throwing themselves at athletes. Hell, there were a few I believe were brought in when athletes were on their official visits. It would be hard for me, personally, to believe this girl was raped when she's had sex with multiple football players before this because of past experiences.

I remember one girl telling athletes she wanted to get pregnant with an NFL player's baby. They pointed to a basketball player and told her their contracts were guaranteed, go over there. No shit, this happened.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can also see her saying "screw it, I'm sorry my friend left you hanging, let's go" then getting embarrassed.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, living in Gibbs has probably tainted any unbiased view I can have about this. She just sounds like the run-of-the-mill Giblet/cleat-chaser to me. Guess that's why I'm so skeptical.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

If she were the sort to get embarrassed, why did she go in that room with a friend?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know. I've seen drunk girls do really stupid shit then the next day swear it never happened or claim they were coerced when they absolutely weren't.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

She also was part of the civil suit against Tennessee and got paid.

I've seen a lot of shady shit happen in my time at Tennessee, but I can say honestly, no scholarship athlete ever even beginning to get "rapey" with girls. There were a few walk ons that would try the old "I'm on X team" get shot down and get pissy but they would get their asses kicked if they ever got out of line.