Ron Brown, Anti-Gay Coach

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Apr 26, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good, we all agree that Christians believe in dragons, and dragons are part of Christian doctrine. Now, let's revisit the outrageous statement of Unimane. Believing in Christianity... is like believing in purple dragons.

So are you guys mad about the color. The only time a dragon's color is mentioned is in Revelation, with the red dragon. You've got him there. Definitely no evidence of purple dragons according to faith in the Bible. Red ones for sure, and presumably other unknown colors.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Clearly there isn't anything to be read into your tone here. Great stuff. You made Christians look stupid. Victory.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Read into it whatever you'd like, I'm just discussing bible. Too bad that apocrypha book with the dude slaying a dragon didn't make the cut into the modern Bible. Would have made epic children's books.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also love the champion of logic ignoring how the person who made the dragon analogy feels about dragons and instead focuses on obscure Biblical quotes. That's the path to truth right there.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah. That's what you are doing.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dragons are in the Bible. I'm discussing Bible. Why do folks pick and choose?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Meanwhile everyone else was discussing Unimane's comments. You obviously thought it would be more fun to try to prove the core beliefs of a lot of perfectly happy people are ridiculous.

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Oh, awesome. The Great IPOrange has now cornered everyone in with his dragon argument. Of course, that overlooks the fact that a majority of Christians don't take every word of the Bible literally and also overlooks the fact that actually none of them believe in dragons. Other than that, Mr. Pseudo-intellectual has made a brilliant point.

9. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

The Bible tldr

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

And, all that he's proven is he can take things totally out of context and make totally ridiculous, absurd arguments. I'm really impressed.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You have to be careful with your translations there. Old Testament has largely been translated from Hebrew in versions most of us would be most familiar.

Greek Old Testament people tend to be those against race mixing or Eastern Orthodox, and I don't mean to equate the two.

I don't know how the Hebrew translates. I don't recall anything about purple serpents though.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I never said they were ridiculous, you did.

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll never understand how Christians are looked down on because of their/our faith. You don't share the same faith? Fine, it's your prerogative. The belittling is utter horseshit. Always has been and always will be.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And for the record, I despise religion. Give me the relationship.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I forgot. You were just discussing the Bible. There certainly weren't any ulterior motives. Give us some credit here.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It was implied, IP. Everyone knows your stance. It's respected. But you can't pretend there wasn't implication with your responses. You're better than that.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sweet, LawVol actually cracked and has started just making personal jabs.

Oh wait, that's your shtick. Right, carry on.

Why is Jesus literally the son of God, performed literal miracles, but dragons mentioned by name and described throughout Christian and Hebrew texts are figurative? Pick and choose, pick and choose, pick and choose. Wouldn't want to look silly.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess you just cracked, too.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not pretending I don't think it is ridiculous. But there it is, in black and white. Unimane mentioning dragons in the same sentence as Christianity was ridiculous and insulting according to posters in this thread. Well... tell that to the Bible.

20. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

I do think if you insist on addressing the individual and not the religion for a man's actions. Then for consistency, the same should be applied to Muslims and terrorists.