Will This Team Go Bowling?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lol vol, Oct 29, 2018.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think the most realistic path to success this season involved getting out of the first 8 games with AT LEAST 3 wins and then scheming 2 wins out of our last 3.

Still on track, and the timing of the Charlotte game should be helpful for the KY game. This is where I expect the coaches to earn their pay.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There is no [ddiapos] on Tennessee's staff.

Tennessee doesn't have a hyped 1st round draft pick that has 1 td pass to 5 interceptions in conference play

lol vol likes this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I tend to think so too.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Come on Groves. You’re better than this.

5. BigOrangeBeech

The curse of [ddiapos] no doubt was the reason they lost to UK.

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Bowling [itch bay]es

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not super confident. Would have been near 100% confident if we'd won Saturday.

zehr27 likes this.
  8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Ok sure, but the point still stands that a Tennessee fan calling Missouri god awful at this point is pretty silly. Unless you’re willing to also say that Tennessee is somewhere in the ballpark of equally god awful or very possibly even worse.

9. BigOrangeBeech

This is more where I am. If we can get it to where we need one more win going in to the Vandy game I think we get there. That obviously has us splitting with Mizzou and UK. It sets up pretty good, as lyl pointed out, UK and Mizzou are at home and Vandy may as well be too.

10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Bentley has been thoroughly unimpressive in conference play up to this point and came into the game with 6.52ypa and 6TDs against 7INTs.

We gave up 9.5ypa, the longest pass of his career, his highest completion percentage so far this year and 1TD/1INT.

We were playing Nickel against Bentley most of the night and we didn't do a damned thing to stop USC with any consistency. Kentucky will run us into the ground if we don't figure this out pronto.

NOTE: I called a loss here simply because it's a road game at night against a motivated opponent immediately following a bad home loss. I expect a rebound closer to Auburn form. This was the first true game where I feel the coaches lost the game for UT.

lol vol likes this.
  11. lol vol

lol vol Member

I disagree with Vandy having a better defense. Vandy has given up more points against every common opponent except Florida. If we turn it over 6 times again, of course we will lose, but Tennessee hasn’t been terribly turnover prone with the exception of Jeremy Banks.

I’m not sure who is the better QB, but Guarantano has less interceptions, a higher Qb rating, and has had to play Auburn and Alabama from the West, while Vandy plays Arkansas.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its the matchup. Vandy has SC same running game looks, with 2 good rbs, one faster than anybody on our team, and a good QB that loves to use the TEs off those runs. Our DL and Lbs dont disrupt anything in the running game.

lol vol likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

We almost beat south Carolina on the road. Mizzou in Knoxville is going to be a lesser challenge. Charlotte should be a win.

Comes down to at least one of vandy and UK. To me, either is beatable. Dispite the record, I don't think UK is much better than USC and Auburn. Vandy doesn't have anything we haven't seen.

lylsmorr likes this.
  14. clownbaby

clownbaby kidbourbon version 2 point no

Not bowling.

15. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

1 guaranteed win and 3 other very winnable games.

Missouri sucks, Vandy sucks and Kentucky is hanging on by a thread.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I don’t think Tennessee’s defense is as bad as they looked Saturday night. They may not be as good as they looked against Auburn but with the possible exception of Kentucky, every game left is winnable. Other than Charlotte, every game is also, unfortunately, loseable...

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Y’all pay attention. Clownbaby apparently has ESP... check his prediction in the USC pick’em thread.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I say yes.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guys, let's stay on track here.

1) [uck fay] Auburn
    2) UT beats Charlotte, Kentucky and Vandy. And probably Mizzou.

IP and lol vol like this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Taking a lemon to a knife fi I Ight