Will This Team Go Bowling?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lol vol, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I'm pulling for a 6 OT game

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

UGA will beat UK by 3 scores.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah, I think it’ll be one of those games that’s pretty close, probably within 7-10 points midway through third quarter and then UGA gets some garbage time points when UK’s defense is gassed from being out there all day.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

What if UK knocks them off by stuffing the run and forcing fromm to beat them with his arm, allowing UK to squeak out a 17-14 win?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee winning will make me laugh harder

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Would love for UK to beat Ga somehow in the year Ga fans around here told us they were winning a national title.

7. RockyHill

Very real possibility.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep, then UT gets a win over a top 10 opponent

9. RockyHill

God I hadn’t fully considered how hilarious this would be. Georgia has to lose. I fully believe Tennessee would then throttle them because that is how the universe works.

A-Smith and lol vol like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hope so. I think a bowl game and the practices that go with it could benefit the coaching staff as much as the players.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I have been pulling for this scenario ever since Kentucky beat Mississippi State (at which point they really only needed the UGA upset and keeping afloat against the riffraff in order to take the East)

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I hope they do. Stoops and Kentucky having everything to lose will work well in our favor.

13. RockyHill

What’s your opinion of Stoops. I know Auburn people who kinda want him and it took all I could do not to strangle them.

My take on him is he’s an ok coach, but this is a fluke year with a veteran team against a soft schedule and he’d get eaten alive at a big program.

I mean FFS Eddie Gran is his OC.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Butch was 4-1 against him

15. RockyHill

Yeah I’ll take this as the simplest answer. I mean he’s not grossly incompetent a la Dooley. I think UK is a good fit for him. He can have one fluke year every once in a while but not be good enough to leave for greener pastures.

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

SHHHHhhhhh!!!

Stoops is the next Saban. Auburn would be CRAZY not to steal this gem of a coach! Remember where Bear Bryant got his start!? (Never mind the year @ Maryland...)

17. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

As far as I am concerned Auburn bought some time for Pruitt. In fact, I am already thinking next year is when we will see if he is going to have what it takes. But that assumes we beat Vandy. If we lose to Vandy I am totally off the Pruitt train.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stoops is going to win 6 games nearly every year. He'll overachieve every 3 years or so and win 8 or 9. It doesn't matter where he's at, that's what he'll do.

19. RockyHill

Agreed, which is why he’s fine at UK. That gets you run from a real job.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Well, this seems to settle that question.

Volnbama likes this.