Ron Brown, Anti-Gay Coach

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Apr 26, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Kind of like someone that's certain that Christianity's "hogwash." Yep, still hypocritical.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

99.9% certain, which suggests an amount of doubt present, but what's the point of your statement anyway? My whole argument was based upon the ideas of Brown and certainty, then using that certainty about something that is based upon faith and not reason to tell others how to live. You, instead, decided to become hall monitor and tell me how mean I was being to others, like it [uck fay]ing mattered. The actual discussion by IP and others was the one I was far more interested in having, not some bullshit about how whether I think I'm better than anyone else, as if we're bickering teenage girls. "Oh, using purple dragons is so mean!" Who gives a damn? It was a device used to further the discussion and I was looking for people to tell me why the comparison was invalid and, instead, I spent two pages arguing with you about "You know you are being really hypocritical, right? That's so terrible that you are doing this" without actually addressing why it was such a terrible comparison.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

This alone completely validates my point. Thank you.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Folks hate it at first, but in retrospect we all know this was a fun thread. Dragons!

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Dammit, this was my thread and I missed it! Or, the good part, anyway. Bummer.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Had he added "and I think no one should be allowed to be a Christian" or something to that effect, you would be using the word "hypocritical" accurately. As it stands, you shot and missed.

As a consolation, we have a serious thread about dragons now.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

How do you get any validity out of this statement? Jay asked if the dragons discussed in the bible are what we would call dinosaurs, and I said there is a possibility of that being the case. I don't think I said anything eye opening here.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It illustrates that you will accept anything in the Bible, and will fit it in to your world view as necessary. You just rationalized dragons by calling them dinosaurs- despite dinosaurs never being concurrent with humans.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure the Bible claims dragons and humans interacted.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

It claims they will in the future, for sure. Both Leviathan and the Red dragon/devil fellow.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well sure. All kinds of crazy stuff is supposed to happen when the world ends. I guess we'll know here in a few months.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I would seriously hit The Dragon Queen on Game of Thrones......rrrrraaaaawwrrrrrr,,,,

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Pretty sure the seven headed red dragon stood for Rome and not a literal Dragon. Even the most literal Bible interpreters agree that Revelation is full of symbolism.

Anyway, dragons are cool. Ever seen "How to Train Your Dragon"? Great kids movie.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'll be just like the doomsday pastor out in California last year. "Oh, didn't end? Oh well, I was wrong. But all this stuff is definitely true still. And because it is true, my views on homosexuality should be legislated and made to be yours."

Thread is now full circle.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Sorry IP, but I would rather put my faith in God than into science. In my eyes, the whole "everything evolved from simple celled bacteria billions of years ago" is just as much bullshit as you think God created everything is.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm failing to see how it's similar?

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Similar to the discussion, or to the points I made in the quote?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well we know for a fact, as an example, that babies start as simple celled beings and develop. so we have evidence that backs up this theory. there is no evidence god created everything.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've discussed in another thread that the leap from evolution to exogenesis does require a tad bit of faith and they are not one in the same. Even IP and I are in agreement on that IIRC.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Depends on what you allow as evidence. God is a lot more plausible as a necessary existent than the universe is.