Hugh Freeze

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Nov 26, 2018.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope to get the chance.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

But they'll care deeply about this just because.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dicksonite

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

They're just pissy they lost a soft target for a hit piece in Schiano at Tennessee

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

6. VOLinDAWGland

The press doesn't do nuance.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Both tweets seem to be a dig at Fulmer and our Fans rather than an indictment of Freeze.

8. Beechervol

"Tennessee fans" (the whole lot of them without separation) all felt the same way.

Lazy take.

GahLee likes this.
  9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Dig at Fulmer and UT fans; not at Freeze.

10. VOLinDAWGland

Of course, it's the perfect gotcha journalism that they live for and thrive on. Schiano was the perfect scenario, righteous indignation if we had hired him or didn't hire him. Tails I win, heads you lose. It is their business model in sports and politics. Controversy and outrage sells even if wholly manufactured by the unelected 4th estate who are above any and all criticism.

GahLee likes this.
  11. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

Frankly, it matters not one bit what the media says about our OC hire. News coverage is not going to have an effect on the coaching. And by kickoff next August, these early December media hit jobs will be long forgotten.

Not commenting on the morality debate, just saying it's silly to let media hot takes get our panties in a twist right now.

Poppa T likes this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sexton doing his thing. Hugh is going to get paid somewhere.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, who is it fulmer couldn't be hiring? What is instigating the dig?
    Freeze.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I'm sure my opinion here will come as no surprise given my feelings on Freeze, but. . .

(1) Their obsession with Schiano was and is ridiculous.
    (2) If Tennessee fans really just thought Schiano was a bad coach and jumped on the Penn St thing as an excuse, rather than really caring about moral character, then the media characterization of us is exactly right, and they are well within their rights to gloat about it a year later.
    (3) The only way to prove them wrong is to be morally consistent. Raise hell if we try to hire Freeze (or Briles).

warhammer, justingroves and lylsmorr like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When you deal with a known piece of shit, don't be surprised when he turns out to be a piece of shit.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Win games and they will praise the hire. But that isn't and wasn't ever the point.

17. Beechervol

I agree. Just stating its lazy to lump the entire fanbase in with a couple hundred people that went to Walmart for cardboard and markers on a Sunday afternoon. Most of the national guys were too lazy or ill informed to dig into why Schiano never got on the plane that day.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It can have an effect on recruiting, especially if the media airs all of Freeze's dirty laundry.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm curious if anything else is on the back burner for Freeze. He went into hiding so there was not necessarily a need to air everything.

20. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

If he does go to Bama, Saban will be praised as offering his highly-esteemed coaching rehabilitation services to another coach that just needs a second chance.

If TN hires him, the media will try to summon the 4 Horsemen of the Apocolypse to engulf Neyland Stadium in a swath of fire and brimstone.

Memtownvol and BigOrangeBeech like this.