Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And then some company will figure out a way to bring all of these streaming services to customers in one cost efficient package. We'll go full circle.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So apparently George RR Martin has a show called Nightflyers on SyFy network. Anyone know if it is any good?

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

F is For Family season 3 just came out.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The Big Lebowski is now on Netflix.
    Watch it over and over. Learn it, live it. You're welcome.

Butthole and **TDCVOL** like this.
  5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Just started Sick Note. So far so good. Don Johnson is hilarious in it.

6. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I may have mentioned it before but I watched Dark on Netflix this past winter and just rewatched the entire first season again. It is, without question, the best TV show I've ever watched. It's German so you will either need the English commentary track or watch with subtitles - or learn German - but it's worth it. I absolutely cannot wait until season 2. It's a masterpiece of a show and there's so much to dig into with theories on what's really going on. Phenomenal show.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

AlphaGo. It is the story about the AI team that beat Lee Sidol, reigning world champion, in Go.

I would give it the alternate title of the Modern John Henry. It is fascinating, humbling and scary.

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

For anyone that likes Futurama, Disenchanted is basically Futurama in ye olden days.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Does anyone use SlingTV? I finally ditched cable and just looking at some streaming options.

10. NorrisAlan

I decided on Hulu, myself. Sling just didn't cover everything I wanted.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Didn’t like sling.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We've already got Hulu and Netflix, but looking for something that can give me ESPN for cheap. $25 / month would give me ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Any reason? My sister complained that there was too much buffering when she had it.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We have sling. It's not bad and we've not had any buffering issues with it.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hulu streaming has espn

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Serious? I just started messing around with it last night. Hulu is included with my cell phone plan through Sprint, but I've never used it.

17. NorrisAlan

ESPN, ESPN2, SECN, FS1, NBCSN, and many others

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't have cable. I do antenna and hulu streaming. Have pretty much everything I could want.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

This weekend I hooked back up my antenna because Fox stopped streaming just as the the MLS Cup Final was coming on. I was throwing shit everywhere, then remembered my antenna in the basement, hooked it up to the TV and BOOM! had Fox back on and watched the game.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We have one of those gigantic HD antennae in our attic but some dumbass cut the cords to it. So if I ever want to use it, I've got to run coaxial cable down two floors worth of wall to get to our TV.