Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Narcos Mexico seems pretty good through two episodes.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Manhunt:Unabomber - Just wow. Ted Kaczynski is just one interesting dude.

Evaded the FBI for almost 20 years. Maybe would have never been caught if his brother had not turned in a tip on him.

I watched it when it first came out but have recently watched it again so I'm fresh with details. Discuss?

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Has anyone mentioned Great British Bake Off?

Watched it with the wife, and honestly, it's just a really great/wholesome cooking competition show. Completely different from anything on American TV.

IP likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My 6 year old daughter discovered this when my mother was visiting and watched it one day. She is now obsessed. It is oddly appealing.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not to dog your suggestion, but this sounds like the least enjoyable thing ever.

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm with you. I've never baked a thing in my life. In no way did I think I would enjoy this show. But if you have to find something that your significant other might enjoy, you could do worse.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wasn't a fan. Made it through the story with the guy looking for gold before I turned it off.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, just finished season 3 of Daredevil. It was great and I'd give the Karen the most disappointing 5 seconds of her life.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Aaaaaand Netflix has announced that Daredevil is canceled. A possibility that it may move to the new Disney streaming service, but nothing definite.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think Disney is behind it more than Netflix.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. I wanted 2 hours of Buster Scruggs, himself. Highly entertaining on the first vignette.

2. The other short stories are just the Cohen Brothers trolling everyone, with each story getting more depressing and terrible than the last.

Volst53 likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

1. Absolutely.

2. Hard to imagine any of the stories getting worse than the one with the guy without arms and legs.

Volst53 likes this.
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Buster was amazing. The other ones sucked ass.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The no arm guy sucked and i almost didnt make it through but I wanted everone who had interest to watch and get a chance to see it. Didnt want to spoil. The wagon train one was long but the old cowboy at the end was pretty bad ass. Anyway, not for everyone but I still liked the majority of it.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah all Marvel properties will be moved there eventually

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That kind of sucks. I don't want to pay for another streaming service. And Disney, no less. The 3-4 super hero shows would be basically the only thing I'd want to watch.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got a 6, 4 and 2 year old. I'll have pay for it regardless

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just more of the nickel/dime crap companies are doing these days. "Oh, you have 23 cents left after you already paid us for this and this and this? Well, let's see if we can pry that 23 cents out of your hands."

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

People have been predicting it for years but we will eventually get to a point where paying for all the various streaming services is more expensive than cable used to be

hell, might already be

Butthole and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Definitely. And we shouldn't forget many of the cable companies are also ISPs. Have to remain profitable somehow.