Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Looks like a great hire to me. I'm not sure what happened at Inter and Palace, but both of those teams were a disaster and gave him less than six months. At Atlanta, he's going to be walking into something much more similar to what he had at Ajax, where he was extremely successful. If he can win trophies outside of a top five league, show well in continental competition, and develop players to sell off to bigger leagues, that's pretty much everything we want.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

To be fair, timing was terrible at inter. Mancini quit on them just before the season started, and he came in late. They made a mistake hiring a guy who couldn’t communicate and there wasn’t time to figure it out.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Tim Weah to Celtic. Love it.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wish he were going to be more challenged on a weekly basis. Scottish League is legitimately full of farmers

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's 18. He needs to play more than anything, and they're still in Europa League.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah he’s just got to get on the field. I don’t think it’s a terrible move and will be a good developmental place.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

0BF66FF8-73EB-49E5-81A5-B3FD8BB1F01C.jpeg

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

At what point does FIFA and/or UEFA stop penalizing teams with empty stadiums for fan racism and start docking them match points?

Because it seems like we’re at that point in Italy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What happened now?

12. NorrisAlan

Yep. You hit em 3 league points and add 3 for each incident.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Inter and Napoli this past week.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Italian ultras are a piece of work. The average fan of every club hates the ultras.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t necessarily disagree, but for what I think the sanctioning bodies could reasonably get away with:

No points for the first incident, then start taking them away.

So, if you win or tie, you get no points. Next time, dock them one, then continue to take 3 away if the problems persists from there.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

Yeah, you threaten to knock someone out of European leagues or even worse, put them in the relegation zone, things will change.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Don’t northern and southern Italians basically hate each other, or am I making that up?

18. JohnnyQuickkick

There’s tension there. Southern Italy is a lot poorer.

It doesn’t matter where the ultras are from, though, there’s a high % of POSs

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was Haslam part of the group that bought Columbus?

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator