2019 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 8, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm a-ok with using the spots for immediate contributors.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

NYY signs Cox all the time. Permanent ink, too.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I'm not saying he didnt have talent. Far from it.
    But the top classes he recruited were aided by signing more players than any of the other schools could at the time. Some by a wide margin and the overall quality wasnt what it appeared compared to those same teams. The attrition was a direct result of your description above.
    14' and 15' were his best classes by ranking.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Average star rating of 14 and 15 were very high too. Drop the 5 lowest commits from each and it doesn’t really effect the ranking and would have made that rating even higher.

5. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

This year’s is higher

6. chavisut

This is a good class.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yep

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And I may have been misunderstanding but i think the point was this years class, while not higher in ranking is still a good class in relation to what Butch was signing. I think the only thing that concerns me, and it's not for me to decide anyway, is whether or not we completely addressed all of our needs. LB seems to be the one big one I'm concerned with. Hoping Harrison is a stud and that JJ and Banks can both be good players there to help missing on Pappoe and To'oto'o.

Now, every where else i think we're good to great...the secondary was a really good haul, if we sign Wright the OL is tops in the country, getting a good WR in Keyton and good back in Gray. If Middelton and Williams can contribute early I'd say we did well on DL, and if Solomon can get eligible thatd be icing on the cake. I think we got 2 solid TEs also.

9. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

For a staff that was perceived to be a recruiting juggernaut. We sure are missing on a lot of guys it seems.

10SEvols likes this.
  10. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Getting owned by Vandy will do that.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

So many needs on this roster, we were bound not to fill everything this time around. We tried but will know for certain on NSD, I still have hope for a good surprise to come our way. As long as I don't see any "Colton Jumpers" in the starting line up, I think we should have something to work with and maybe the D can get off the damn field and not run out of gas by the end of the game.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Most important positions are OL and DL this class.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Recruiting to a losing program obviously more difficult than a proven winner. No nfl draft picks again this year. Kids and families with nfl dreams get reminded often. Gotta win and send players to the next level. Cant do neither.

14. chavisut

Arky has put together a good class by their standards.

Scott Frost doing very well in first class at Nebraska. Still think he will be very successful there.

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

This is as good as any Butch class, I agree.

16. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

OL is probably the best haul in he country.

DL is a huge unknown. We know how hit or miss jucos are, and only signed 1 high school kid.

17. chavisut

On paper that ‘15 class was so good.

Now we have a great staff signing a very goood class. Much better outlook.

18. Beechervol

And will "rank" several" spots behind those 2 classes.

19. chavisut

Goes both ways. The ‘15 class could have dropped the lowest 6 rated prospects and would have basically finished in same position while also increasing the average star rating.

20. Beechervol

But yet it doesnt and the "rank" that most everyone hangs their hat on isnt the same.

If Pruitt finishes at 12 or 13 most will see that number and forget the quality of players.

We had this discussion before regarding Clemson. My opinion hasn't changed.