2019 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

say we sign 25. How many of those end up playing much over the last few years out of the 25? And is there a site that reranks classes after 3-4 years?

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Seems like I remember the major sites reevaluating classes after 4-5 years. I'd imagine '15 ended up looking like '07 in terms of players not panning out.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They’re about to sign the best OL class in the history of UT football (on paper, at least). That’s not half bad for a program coming off of 2 conference wins in 2 years.

4. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Your last sentence is possibly the worst I've ever read sports wise.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  5. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Not half bad, but will still likely not be a top 10 class, and likely middle of the pack in this conference.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Process...it should be the beginning of getting us past UK, Vandy, Mizzu and even at least with USCjr. That should improve recruiting to close the gap with UGA and UF, from there it's about getting elite classes to get us over the top. We're not going from where we've been to top 5 class in year 1 or 2. That perspective helps me enjoy the journey better. Clemson is a good model I think. It took them several years to get where they are now but they stayed with their plan. Remember when everyone was making fun of bless his heart Dabo? And their D gave up a gazillion points in a bowl game?

If we get to 7-8 wins next year, do a good job of in state recruiting and land a legit top 5-10 class, I'll be satisfied that the plan is working.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

All I’m saying is the ‘14 and ‘15 classes weren’t ranked high because of inflated numbers. System doesn’t work like that.

8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You tell Tennessee fans in August Tennessee lands Morris, Wright, Crouch and Gray for 2019 and they would be slobbering all over themselves.

Tenacious D and chavisut like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, talent wasn't an issue. It's what happened to the talent once it got here

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

True. It's not a disaster, we just missed on a few kids that should have been here.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Henry T would have been a bonus, but Russell SHOULD have been here, and he's a position of need.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They missed on Joseph Anderson and Russell.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I trust your opinion because I know you keep up with it better than most, but I also felt like we should have found a way to get Kane Patterson interested in us too. I feel like he was a miss. But overall I think the staff did a good job.

15. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Crouch and Wright were the biggest wants in the summer, and we got them.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Wright makes this an A- class for me.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Absolutely. Over the summer, Crouch was the #1 overall recruit in the country. I still can’t believe we signed him.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Patterson never wanted to be a Vol. That's one that Butch flubbed from the get go and put Tennessee behind the 8 ball

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Shit, Wright was a top 5 overall player in the country over the summer.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Patterson was exposed a little when playing and practicing outside of CPA. He goes from the biggest and fastest on the field to smaller and slower.