Next Coaching Moves

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This seems like big and important news. I’m just not sure if this is the result of our luring away (another) important cog in the Bama machine, our merely taking the scraps of Saban’s house-cleaning, or some combination of both.

But this is an incredibly important acquisition for Tennessee, however it happened. It’s people like this who have the most consistent and frequent contact with players, once on campus, and who typically have some of the strongest personal bonds with each. I can’t recall the name of the older black lady who somewhat served in this same role for Fulmer for so many years (I just recall that many players LOVED her, and many called her “Momma”), and who he always credited as being the true ace recruiter on his staff. She retired several years ago, IIRC.

I don’t know if Pruitt will win another game, but damned if I can fault in any of the moves he’s made this off-season, and what he looks to be building.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ah. Thanks.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think our coaching staff officially has more ties to the state of Alabama than Alabama does.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

AbeFroman, Butthole, reVOLt and 2 others like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

As seen on TOOS:

Bama's doing their part

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Get that person a vasectomy ASAP

7. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

I was told that CBHS HFC Thomas McDaniel, former HFC at Murfreesboro-Oakland HS, was offered the job but turned it down. It was said to me that he knew he would never have any time to spend with his girls if he took the job.

8. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Those are pretty big words. Makes my tip tingle.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's staring to feel like the aura of invincibility of the Saban regime has been pierced.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will be quick when it falls.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t know. Who is going to dethrone him?

Ed Orgeron? Ha.
    Jeremy Pruitt? Not anytime soon.
    Kirby? Feels like he’s fading a lot faster.
    Jimbo? Can’t see it.

Unless Auburn knocks their next hire out of the park it seems like he’s safe for awhile.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's done by 2022.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn’t be shocked, but I doubt he’s going down in flames.

16. NorrisAlan

I don't think he is dethroned so much as they just run out of gas. Been a hell of a decade, though, perhaps the best decade ever.

O personally want to think Butch Jones will be the reason they fall back to earth.

Memtownvol and reVOLt like this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He is still way better than any coach in the conference, is still always signing top 3 classes, and he’s still going to get the benefit of the doubt with the refs. It’s hard for me to imagine them having less than a ten win season. Just looking at next year, if they lost both games I’d wager they are capable of losing, they’d still be at 10 wins with a bowl game to play.

Jimbo seems like he can assemble a team that might be able to take him down, but I don’t really trust him to sustain that kind of success. Kirby is in the same boat and he may have missed his window. Pruitt might be in that boat, but he’s at least two years out.

Their big OOC games over the next four years are Duke, USC, Miami, and Texas. They could sleepwalk to 3-1 through that.

18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

After the success they have had 10 wins and no playoff birth will be a huge disappointment to Bama fans. They will run Saban out of town.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Clemson scouted bama all year and put in concepts and plays that was giving them issues all year.

After the ACC championship they went straight to preparing for Alabama and did very little work for ND.

Bama got away from the running game too quick and lost the turnover battle. I think the end is near talk is still a little too soon.

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

I will say that Saban is like Bryant. He will see what he is doing doesn't work anymore and changes. Unlike most idiot coaches that are married to a single way of playing football.