Next Coaching Moves

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I really like the direction here. Tee as WR coach, Weinke as QB coach and Ansley as DC... It just seems like Pruitt is putting people in the best possible positions to have success. I still say that Pittman will be back in Knoxville sooner rather than later...

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Does anyone think this is the final version of the staff?

3. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

I would say so, Pruitt doesn't speak more than he has too. If he says it so, then it probably is so until after next season.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Its a little different but Pruitt being a D coach balances it out more. Especially given the idea that Chaney is running the O and Ansley is running the D.

5. Beechervol

Had he not held a detailed presser about the new hires and internal changes I would have thought there may be one more move possible. Given he did and your idea I think its set.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Unless Sherrer gets a promotion elsewhere.

7. Beechervol

I would think Pruitt would have held off "demoting" (as most define it) him if he thought he had a chance to move up to a DC spot.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Or he values Ansley more than Sherrer.

9. Beechervol

Not saying it couldn't happen but its just weird he would have agreed to change rolls and Pruitt hold a press conference if he had some legit options out there.

10. Beechervol

I firmly believe he thinks Ansley is an upgrade at DC. The fact he publically has given the reigns to him says as much. The fact Sherrer was willing to move to STs and not leave (if he had the chance) tells me he either really likes it here or didn't have an offer to leave.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guys leaving are being replaced with better coaches.

You hired an OC from the East champion. You hired a DB coach from an NFL team with a great college pedigree. You hired one of the best recruiters in the country to coach receivers, who also won a natty here.

12. Savage Orange

Yeah, this is definitely a wonderful, bright and shiny new bizarro-world, as opposed to the 15 year old shitty, dark and desperate bizarro-world we had been living in... I’d gotten so used to expecting (and receiving) the worst possible outcome from anything Tennessee athletics related that it’s hard to get used to things actually looking (and actually BEING) positive...

I like it!!

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

CP talking about the current staff for those interested SIAP

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[​IMG]

16 National Championships
    29 Conference Championships
    190+ NFL Draft picks
    37 First rounders
    66 All-Americans

But the last guy had the BSIA and as a non betting man, I'd bet everything and then some that their collective resume is nowhere close to what we have now.

15. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Rocker can get his ass outta here if he can’t scrounge up a damn orange tie.

Savage Orange and Memtownvol like this.
  16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Was really hoping we’d be able to trade Weinke in for someone worth a shit, but I’ll take that staff.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Said invol, always.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

All staffs, no weinkes.

19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Weinkes are a NYY specialty.

20. Savage Orange

You’d think he’d at least have one in that ugly ass burnt orange from his playing days at Auburn...