NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

nope. you're right.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

For the most part, I think they are right to ignore them.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Mine will be pretty chalky this year. There are some good teams. I saw a graphic that showed the combined offensive/defensive efficiency of the Top 8 teams this year on the x/y axis (so you want to be as far from the origin as possible.) Tennessee was right on line with past champs. But Duke, Gonzaga, UNC, Mich St, and UVA were all better than most of them.

I'll try to find it again. I think it was somewhere on Pomroy's site.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

My dream bracket has us beating UVA, UK, and then Duke to win it all.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Jesus, could you imagine a weekend of beating UK for the third time this season and then beating Zion and Duke? I can't. That's some other timeline, where Jesus came right back after a weekend at Dad's and has been ruling the Earth for 2000 years.

JudgmentVol, utvol0427 and Dalekanium like this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They could fire Barnes, give 20 year guaranteed contracts to Wade Houston and Holly Warlick to co-coach the men and I would still be satisfied, if that happened.

CardinalVol, A-Smith and Tenacious D like this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My initial bracket had all 2's in the final four with Tennessee beating Michigan

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've filled out a trashed about half a dozen so far. I just don't have a good feeling about any of it.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've got Wofford in the final four. I wasn't expecting that when I was going through the match ups.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's nuts. they are way too trendy to do anything

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The teams in their path aren't that good at defending the 3

13. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

They should beat Seton Hall, but they ain't beating Kentucky

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I also think NKU/TTU is going to be an awesome first round game

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

sometimes the factor of length of defenders plays a big cumulative role in those stats.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

North Korea U will probably intimidate them with some early long bombs but lack of height will be their downfall

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Bigtime. Length, talent, schedule are all a part of 3 PT shooting and defense. Id expect a team to shoot well playing nobody for 20 games

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nevada is an interesting team to me. They started the season very highly ranked based on last year's tournament performance. They're the oldest team in the tournament this year, if I read correctly, but their schedule was super weak this season.

A lot of people have them losing to Florida in the first round, so it's hard to pick them to go on a run.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Florida is a mystery. A pest on their day and could lose to anybody too

20. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I think their average age is 23. They only played 1 ranked team (won against 'Zona St).