NCAA Tournament - Tennessee Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Mar 17, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I should have known better than to say something negative about UT. Even though I've said UT wins the game.

Par for the course.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

don't fear toothpaste. it's good for you.

justingroves likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Is valuing a regular season title and the ncaa tournament more really that controversial

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

the cops Italia reference, shortly after the south France references in another thread. laying the europhile on thick, just in time for the tourney

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Dovevo fare una coppia dei punti

6. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Apparently the school is named after the guy who created Colgate toothpaste's son. James Colgate. I did not fact check however.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You been sleeping man. This cat is ‘91 UNLV.

9. Tenacious D

My dream is making it to the Final Four and having to play Kentucky. It’s also my nightmare.

I’ve taken to walking during games that I’m too nervous to watch (I listen to Kesling, so you can believe that I don’t know anything that’s happening during the game).

I walked 11.1 miles during the Kentucky game, and am still limping, today.

I spent the second half of the Auburn game at Verizon, getting a new phone. Mine exploded. Twice.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Moon shot.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I want no part of a fourth match up with UK. They cause too many match up problems for us, and I can't help but feel that if the refs have the opportunity to send either UK or TN to the Championship game to play Duke, we will end up with 3 guys fouling out and shoot less than 10 free throws.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't know about this. UK is a consensus Top 7 team and we beat them on a neutral court. I don't think the matchup is particularly bad for us. Kind of average-ish. Teams like Auburn that turn the game into crazy town and that shoot a lot of 3s are our worst matchups IMO. Also we will get the best of the best refs from Sweet 16 on. I think we probably match up better with Ky than with UNC.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Basketball is so much more nerve wracking than football. Not sure why. If we wind up playing Purdue in the sweet 16 where we only have about a 60% of winning and our season not feeling like a failure, I'm not sure I'll be able to watch that myself.

At least if we play UVA or Kentucky, the prize will feel at least as good as the failure will feel bad.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I would definitely take UNC over UK.

We were lucky that one of our scrubs drew an early foul on PJ, and we benefited from two foul calls on Reid Travis that easily could have gone uncalled.

I don't think we can beat UK without getting them in foul trouble.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Travis didn't foul out until around the 2 minute mark. We were already in beast mode. We won with 3's so I doubt he mattered that much. Kyle fouling out at 10 minutes was a lot bigger deal to us.

I admit the first half w/o PJ Washington helped. Part of that is on Cal. I don't think you should sit somebody for 15 minutes because they've got 2 fouls.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

BTW I just looked at some team stats on FTA per FGA in SEC league play. Kentucky had 43% (highest in the conference). LSU had 39%. Tennessee was at 33% in line with most of the rest of the conference.

Some of that is style of play, but I'm not sure how much. I'd like to see some stats for points in the paint but not sure where to look for that.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Still better than the latest 50,000 word shitpost that nobody read

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

FYI I get an email with cheap flight info. There are 350 dollar flights from Atlanta to Milan right now. Apr-May, Sep-Feb. American, Iberia, United, Air Italy. May only last 24 hours it said.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was excited when I first saw it, but I need to go in June. Presenting at a conference.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It was only 45k. No need for exaggeration.

Tenacious D likes this.