Sweet 16 vs Purdue

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Butthole, Mar 24, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If I was wearing a hat, I’d have to tip it to that guy. I’m purposely not wearing one, so I don’t have to

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That felt like a death.

3. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Well said. And kept it at a summary length. Impressive.

But seriously, I have not been this emotionally invested for any Tennessee team to date. These kids wore the orange proud amd are truly good student citizens. Going to miss the Admiral. Hope a couple that might leave stick around but understand if they go. What a ride this year. So many highs and lows. Although they lost they fought like hell and never gave up. Love these guys.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do wonder what next season will look like

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I bet Grant Leaves. We’ll probably go back to being glad that we were able to steal one against Kentucky at home.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see Grant being a 1st round talent.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Selfishly, I hope that’s the feedback. How different is he to Barkley when Barkley came out I wonder? Did Barkley have better hops?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a completely different game then too.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I watched the ESPN highlight tape early this morning and it was a foul on Turner. Sure, Edwards does extend his legs a bit but Turner hits him in the hip so that doesn't really matter.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Was edwards out of bounds at any point before the shot?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Probably

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

His feet were hovering over the line but I don't think he ever touched down out of bounds.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His heels were up

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He was on his toes when he caught it?

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If I were a Purdue fan I’d probably be talking or at least thinking about nonsense like “destiny.”

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He was so close I wondered if he had already stepped out while juking turner

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

SVP said something like “I don’t love it, but it was a foul.”

It was one of those 50/50 calls that you really don’t have a problem letting go in that late game situation. It probably goes uncalled more often than not.

I also think replay kind of ruins it. It’s funny how many people said it wasn’t a foul in real time but then changed their mind after watching a slow mo of it.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Isn't that the point of replay?

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The point of replay, in my mind, is to correct calls that are definitive. Who did the ball last touch before going out of bounds? How much time was on the clock when the ball hit out of bounds? Did the guy completely blow up the receiver before the ball got there? There are a number of good uses.

Stuff like fouls, pass interference, etc., when they are 50/50, always look worse than they really were when reviewed in slow motion.

And in the end, you can go back through the game and do slow mo replays of every ounce of contact on every possession, and you can probably find a way to justify a foul call for all of them. So why would you do that at the end of the game if you’re not going to do it throughout? You don’t call that shit with the game on the line. You just don’t.

Imagine the outrage if Zion had been in Turner’s shoes. But we all know it would have never been called.