Sweet 16 vs Purdue

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Butthole, Mar 24, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, they didn't go back to replay in the game. It did prove the call to be right, though. No sense in [itch bay]ing about it.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My point is that if a ton of people (not just UT fans) watch it in real time and don’t think it’s a foul, it’s easily close enough to go uncalled. And that foul goes uncalled more often than not.

But it’s us, so it gets called. It’s just unfortunate.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Stuff like that gets let go all the time, especially when it will determine the outcome of a game. I bet if you slow down the play enough you can find at least one other foul away from the ball just in that quick 2 second play.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I doubt it gets overlooked that often in tournament games.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well they overlooked the five second violation that allowed the play to occur in the first place.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You might even find that it took 6.5 seconds to inbound the ball

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yep

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m sorry. I ain’t watching that

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Smart man.

When he says, “...this team won’t be together anymore...” and his voice cracks...mercy.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup.

If you've ever coached anything, there are some teams you can't wait until they are gone..............

And others, you want to coach until the end of time. Gut says this might be his favorite team he's ever coached.

justingroves likes this.
  12. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

And the push off that let the guy get free.

13. Tenacious D

All of these points about the refs and bad calls - I’ll choose to believe each and every one.

All of’em.

But you can’t play like shit for half the game and then [itch bay] that the refs cost you the game. I don’t buy it, and and think that anyone who does is an excuse-making imbecile.

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It sucks that the refs very likely changed the outcome of the game. It's worse that we allowed the game to be close enough for the refs to have an impact.

Dalekanium likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

After further review I don’t think the 4th foul against Cline was a foul (contesting a mid range shot by Bowden). Someone tweeted a close up look and it looked like there was never even contact. So there was a bad call that went in our favor that was pretty big.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was that on the 4 point play?

There were plenty of missed calls both ways. The foul when Turner cramped up was virtually non existent. Then again, Haarms got away with shit all night.

Still don't think you call that foul at the end of regulation.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

First call on Alexander in OT was trash.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Oh yeah. Just terrible. Could have let his over the back go as well. I don't mind the call itself, but considering they'd been letting Haarms do that shit all night, and it not only fouled Alexander out, but also gave Purdue two FT's on a foul 90 ft from the basket? Swallow the whistle, dude.

19. Dalekanium

Dalekanium Chieftain

Not a damn one of these mother[uck fay]ers would have said a word about it if it wasn’t called either. Refs always get apologists unless it’s completely egregious or against a team that gets a lot of national love. UNC, Kentucky, Duke, or any other blue blood program isn’t getting that called against them. Not in a [uck fay]ing lifetime on that stage.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I complained about this after the LSU game too, but I still hate the fact that a foul on a rebound or loose ball can result in FTs. Treat it like an offensive foul--personal and possession. Don't give FTs to a team that didn't even have the ball at the time.

A-Smith and Dalekanium like this.