POLITICS Buttilicious

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by gcbvol, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No one cared McCain was born in Panama. Didn't even check. No, nobody would've have given a shit if Trump's mom, if she was a natural born American, gave birth, with proof, of Trump in America.

That's the thing. It isn't just the fact that they demanded of him never before required, it's that proof was given and they didn't believe it. I don't believe it could be any more obvious, but, since they didn't do it with a burning cross in his front yard, there's an ability to pretend it wasn't about his "foreignness".

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If one party (A), ships uranium to another party (B).

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The Trumps are the ones with the time machine. Dummy

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good lord.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

14%

[​IMG]

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Your assertions are all theoretical, unlike mine. It couldn't have been more clear the birther movement was based upon Obama's otherness. You can tap dance around this fact, but it doesn't make it any less true.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

if the average tax payer pays 10%, the median household income is like 55k, and everyone making less than 100k is paying less than 8 % how can the less than 6 % that make more than 100k bring up the average so much? shouldn't the avg be even lower?

highly skeptical of this graphic, given this inconsistency.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s about politics and it’s all opinions

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I imagine they are taking the total amount of tax receipts divided by total income. In other words the rich pay a lot more in taxes than the guy making $50k.

There are plenty of effective tax rate things out there. Most people pay a lot less in taxes than they think they do

justingroves likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now I'm googling, and I am not seeing nearly as slanted figures other places. This one from 2016 for instance:
    https://www.fool.com/retirement/2016/10/31/heres-what-the-average-american-pays-in-taxes.aspx

It even notes that lower incomes pay higher effective tax rates when things like property and sales taxes are considered, and not just federal income tax.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wah? did you look at the effective tax chart. it's virtually identical to one i posted. romney is paying more than all but people making over $200k a year. a crime against humanity!

low income people own homes?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And actually, this method doesn't make sense at all for calculating the average tax rate for all tax payers, which is what it is labelled as. If Joe Blow makes 100 million dollars and is taxed 20%, he pays 20 million. If Billy Mac and his 4 friends makes 100,000 and is taxed 10%, they pay 10,000 each. So we have 20,050,000 in tax receipts from 100,500,000. 20.05 million/100.5 million = .1995 or 19.95 %, yet the average tax rate is [(10 x 5) +20]/6 = 11.67 %.

Their average estimate is impossibly too low for the data they are showing. I'm not saying I am smarter than the Tax Foundation, I'm saying they are full of shit and proving to you that they are. To be clear.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Homes are affordable to low incomes in the middle of the country.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you severely underestimate the number of people paying zero in this country. if they are doing pure average, i.e. taking the X, Y, and Zs tax percentage and averaging the 3, it could easily be that low.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, how come the average American pays so much more in federal tax when they calculate Tax Freedom Day?

https://taxfoundation.org/tax-freedom-day-2018/

It looks like they are just a crock of shit political hackjob of a "think tank" that doesn't even use consistent methodology. Hell, your chart's message is "the average American doesn't pay much in taxes, the rich do" but there here is this stuff arguing the average American doesn't "work for themselves" until April? Which is it? That's diametrically opposed arguments.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it's too low for what they are showing if they do it the way you suggested. And it's too high for if they did it my way because there would be a bunch of negative numbers being averaged in and few over 20%.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if 50% of people are zero or negative how could it be too low?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

• In 2018, Americans will pay $3.4 trillion in federal taxes and $1.8 trillion in state and local taxes, for a total bill of $5.2 trillion, or 30 percent of the nation’s income.
    Tax Freedom Day® is the day when the nation as a whole has earned enough money to pay its total tax bill for the year.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

and they purposefully mislead the 95% of Americans who pay less than 10%.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

because of the example I just showed you