POLITICS Theresa May out as PM.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, May 24, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, if the vote is to remain in the EU, then it reflects the will of the people. You can have NYY explain that one, too, if you like. This business of "material change" is nonsense merely reflecting your desire not to see a change because "material change" is subjective to your personal desires and totally irrelevant, anyway. Irregardless, it's up to the British people. If they want it to continue, they'll vote to do so. If they don't, they'll vote to stop.

That's called democracy, which you purport to love do much, until it starts conflicting with what you want.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

One of us is arguing to overturn the results of an election because we don’t like the outcome, and nothing else.

One of us has said that this is insufficient and unnecessary, and given specific reasons why.

Everyone can decide for themselves which of us loves democracy, and which one only loves having his way, by hook or by crook.

3. Unimane

I'm not saying to overturn anything. You're projecting your want on to me, but I don't have a want in this one. I'm saying a vote will decide, if that's what they choose. Again, the democracy thing, the opposite of "hook or crook".

One of us is saying a vote, which measures the will of the people, is going to subvert the will of the people. Who is being illogical? Not to mention, you're also saying this scenario is fine, just not right now because.....well because of some indeterminate idea of "material change".

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

5. Unimane

What does this have to do with anything?

6. Tenacious D

What does anything matter, without it?

7. Unimane

Ohhkkayy...still doesn't have much relevance to the discussion.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m not certain at all that no EU is better for the US. The company I work for is among many that trade internationally and can operate more efficiently with higher shareholder return when able to operate within zones like the EU. That is a benefit for the American economy.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I don’t mean financial ruin or that the UK would be a third world country. I was referring to the possibility of Northern Ireland and Scotland pushing for independence. Neither was in favor of Brexit and Northern Ireland in particular suffers from a hard Brexit.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  10. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

11. Tenacious D

It’s possible that the Ebola virus may only kill those on death row. That doesn’t make it a good idea to spread it.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

wait, the EU is Ebola in this analogy? who did it kill?

13. Tenacious D

What about this? This do anything for you?

[​IMG]

14. Tenacious D

Freedom.

15. Unimane

No.

16. Tenacious D

Hmm.

How about this:
    [​IMG]