POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

what percentage of legal people being separated from their families and forced into overcrowded cells with no legal counsel for an indefinite period of time to you find acceptable?

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100%

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

for processing, not permanently

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Mandatory abortions for any fetus they may have in them when they appear.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

right and that's what we are doing now.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sure she knows. The point is still being missed. She can crticize Trump for the camps and support FDR in certain policies.

Or, does this mean I can't say I like anything George Washington did because I support Lincoln's effort to free the slaves becauseWashington was a slave owner? The point would have been fine if AOC had criticized Trump for the camps and said FDR would never have done this or he respected the plight of less fortunate more, or whatever. The attempt to connect the two tweets doesn't really work since they aren't connected ideas.

7. Tenacious D

Nothing makes me angrier than when your hippie-ass starts being reasonable and making sense.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

just get rid of guaranteed citizenship if born on american soil and see how much safer their journey gets when they don't make them 8 months pregnant.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't think there is any chance in hell she knew before it blew up on her.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

right, so quit talking about "illegal" because you don't actually care about legality. you think anyone requesting asylum deserves to be put in an overcrowded cell and their children be separated from them. all the other talk about the law is BS.

11. Tenacious D

Let’s not talk about following the law unless the Dems like and agree with it. And then that’s all we’ll talk about.

12. Tenacious D

Well.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

again what percentage of detainees requested asylum without having gotten caught crossing illegally first? if you can prove to me it's a large number, that would be meaningful. i'd guess less than 5%.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I asked what percentage you would find acceptable and you said 100%. so no, you wouldn't care. you are just angling for whatever lesser number it is purely for the purposes of rhetoric. we could find out the number is actually 0%, and you'd still have presented the fact that you don't give a shit about the law and have no problem locking up anyone who applies for asylum at our border.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Probably wouldn't be as if they could just stay in sanctuary cities

A quick Google search took me to the Dept of State, they say the proper way to legally enter the United States is to apply at the us embassy in your country. That could possibly alleviate some of the over crowding

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

No I have no problem locking someone up who is a guaranteed flight risk why they are awaiting a hearing. Why would I?

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"guaranteed flight risk" is an oxymoron.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

K

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's interesting, I remember seeing on TV once that a person broke the law, and they were held in jail until their trial, unless they could come up with bail money to encourage them to show up for trial.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Cool