POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We're nearing the point it's going to be so fractured it's going to have to be saved. And there's only one person who can unite them (or at least the power brokers at convention)........................

[​IMG]

Tenacious D, warhammer and droski like this.
  2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think the rumors about her earlier were basically her putting out a feeler and realizing there was zero chance.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have never seen such a [unt cay]-puntable face in my life.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No, no, no - it’ll be different this time!

P.S. - I want a Williamson for POTUS T-shirt right now. I wish I had one on, in this moment, as I’m typing this. She’s glorious.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm still mad we have to wait on Avenatti's trial before he can get on stage.

VolDad and warhammer like this.
  7. cpninja

cpninja Member

hmm...I may have to reconsider

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

ok ok, I'll try to get to a tailgate.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Well played

kmf600 likes this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

1. Joe Biden. [uck fay] Joe Biden
    2. Kamala Harris. [uck fay] Kamala Harris
    3. Hillary Clinton. Extra [uck fay] Hillary Clinton
    4. Beto O'Rourke. [uck fay] Beto O'Rourke
    5. Kirsten Gillenbrand. [uck fay] Kirsten Gillenbrand
    6. Elizabeth Warren. [uck fay] Elizabeth Warren
    7. Julian Castro. [uck fay] Julian Castro
    8. Bernie Sanders. Extra super duper with a cherry on top [uck fay] this piece of shit Bernie Sanders
    9. Cory Booker. [uck fay] Cory Booker

And [uck fay] this Samsung phone for autocorrect every time I typed [uck fay], I to duck. [uck fay] Samsung and the duck.

And [uck fay] Google for not letting me type [uck fay], and for censoring everything not liberal.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why is this sort of thought scorned by many?

(click to read rather than listen, don't know why it is doing that)

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because it’s just the start to taxing wealth and income too.

A lot in government have wanted to do this for a long time and selling this way opens the door and then it will expand down the ladder.

These individuals are free to donate and give as much as their wealth as they want. I don’t find it very noble to try and to force others to do so behind the force of the government.

it will have the effect of money leaving our shores and landing in more friendly environments, or lead to higher consumption over investing. Which will hurt the economy, but will be the seen vs the unseen.

kmf600 likes this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

First off who’s tracking it and how? Who decides what something is worth? Major headache. Second this is money that is already taxed and has already been taxed. Maybe the answer to everything isn’t raising taxes?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Germany has a wealth tax and has major problems with off shore accounts and people denouncing their citizenship

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think the point of the video is not government, but the society putting the welfare of the whole over personal gain.

I.e. don't take a $100million salary from your company but put that wealth into the workers and thus enhancing the society even more.

I think there is merit in this. Chasing billions is an empty exercise, but I don't want to force people not to do it. But there is wisdom in sharing the wealth voluntarily vs hoarding it and then giving it away in philanthropic endeavors or via taxes.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

CEO pay is always a bizzare argument to me. Reduce most of these salaries to zero and you aren’t talking about much money per employee.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I mentioned this lady in a previous post. Her and her ultra rich friends really want to make a difference, they need to just do it. The government is terrible, at everything. If they want to affect climate change, health care for poor, and all the other stuff they want their higher taxes to go to, give it directly to the places that will make a difference. Bypass the government. Just do it.

justingroves likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

While true, some of the published salaries are sinful, imo.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Some earn them. Some don’t.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's true I'd imagine.