POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The response has always been "there isn't the money for it." When there is. Trump's tax cut cost the US budget more money than the total student debt amount, for example. So all the "we don't have the money" talk is bullshit, given that the CUTS made are greater than the allegedly unaffordable issues.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It can't so long as the GOP holds their current positions and a large amount of people still vote for them.

In the end, it is the government that is equipped to negotiate single-payer rates. Donating to pay into the current system will literally just increase the costs because it is treated as a commodity/consumer good. Just donating for everyone's medical care will simply enrich insurance companies and adminstrative layers that have no real purpose in providing care.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a large portion of the population who willfully undermines the government. The government is "We the People," so if the People have no desire for it to work it won't. Conservatives have no desire for a government that actually works beyond the military.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, if the government is we the people, how can a large portion of those people willfully undermine it?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is some kind of fatalism. everyone but them is lazy, dumb, or unworthy.

6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

So you can only help by giving them soap?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

what do you suggest?

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's like everyone who doesn't agree with them are out to wreck the country.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No. Very specifically, anyone who is poor is lazy. Anyone who thinks otherwise is dumb. Anyone who benefit from any sort of community service is unworthy.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This isn’t true.

What you perceive as Conservatives “not wanting the government to work” is often better and more accurately stated as, “I dislike when conservatives attempt to resist my liberal efforts to use the power of the government to force / punish them into doing things that I believe / want / feel should be done, and where I have too often and insufficiently convinced them needs to be done by the government, or if even at all.”

The government is rarely the best answer for anything beyond brute force - which is great for making things like a military and other areas of national interest - and that’s why a great many conservatives regularly oppose its political weaponization.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

100 percent agree about poor people being lazy etc. though I’d probably go with stupid and/or lazy

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Like I said, there are literally 100s of lawyers right now working for free to help these guys being held. Or, build a place for them to live, on the Mexico side of the border to live in, and apply, with lawyers helping them go through the process legally

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thank you for your honesty.

droski likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This doesn't help the kids' immediate situation regarding their health and welfare.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Tell me how to fix it. Remember that the government is completely clueless on most issues.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not necessarily lazy or stupid, they just made a lot out of poor decisions in their life that led them to being destitute. Either that or they were raised by shitty parents.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The best solution goes completely ignored - walk literally anywhere with your child, except across the US border.

It’s now so ingrained and normalized in the liberal mind as to be impossible for them to conceive how completely, easily and immediately that solves this problem.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

This doesn't help the kids. It doesn't. They're here. Some came unaccompanied. Some were brought. Now they are here, and being held in confinement under horrible conditions that we don't even do to our prisoners.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is why we’re really going to have to hit rock bottom to find middle ground.

You think anyone that doesn’t go with the left agenda is a knuckle dragging short sided dumbass holding society back.

The other side thinks progressives are commies and destroying the very idea of our country.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t think you can paint with a broad brush but I don’t think just because you’re poor it means you’re lazy or poor.