POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, just go do it. There's absolutely no reason to get the government involved.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

there are tons of reasons. tons.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There is a little box at the end of the tax return that says something to the effect of, I wish to donate x dollars more to the gov't. Common liberals donate all you want; oh wait, its others money you wish to take.

kmf600 and zehr27 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is a super cute response that doesn't make a lick of sense. that wouldn't direct the money to any specific purpose and is just a lazy retort.

tvolsfan and kmf600 like this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So basically the same as taxes, social security withholdings, or any other funding secured by the federal government.

kmf600 and justingroves like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, there isn't. You're loaded and want to make a difference, go do it.

kmf600 likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, not the same because those are obligations owed to the US government through a democratic process. Congress then decides how those are spent. Me donating money spent at the discretion of Mitch [uck fay]ing McConnell and Trump does not in any way end up dealing with the biggest issues of our day. It will just close the massively growing deficit one eye lash as they hunger for more border walls and child prisons and spend lavishly on defense. So no, it isn't "the same."

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a trite answer for a cynical age, and was exactly what the woman was writing against with what I shared. No need to go in circles.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's nothing stopping a millionaire from going out and making charitable donations, volunteering or writing large checks to individuals. Nothing. It's a bullshit talking point.

kmf600 and zehr27 like this.
  10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, basically the same.

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Has the government worked on climate change the way you think is best, feeding the poor and hungry, fixed the problems with health care?

Let's take health care. If these rich people contributed say a billion coconuts more in taxes, you think it would be better to give that to the government so they can spend it the way they see fit, or donate it to places that care for the sick free of chargem

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You telling me people can't donate to help people at the border? There are hundreds of lawyers right now working for the people seeking asylum. Or maybe build a Disney resort on the Mexico side with lawyers there to start the process, instead of them sneaking in.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The exact point I think most of us are trying to make to you. You hate the way government spends our money, but here you are asking people to pay more in taxes, so the shitty government can blow it on stupid stuff. Ok, so now, Mrs Disney World, take all the money you want to be taxed, and give it to a specific group that will spend it exactly the way you want it to be spent.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

What’s the gun in that? Voluntary exchange doesn’t make it move like some good government force.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If any of you guys are rich i wouldnt mind you paying for all of my shit. Why not. I couldnt get there, but you could, so I deserve your help.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You'd be fine if not for having to fork over cash to bone and joint clinics all across the mid state region.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Go eat another furter

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And taxing the Wealthy at a greater percentage would direct the money to a specific purpose?!? or is that a lazy retort too?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Try to give those kids a bar of soap or some toothpaste. Show me how. It's being turned away.