Its Simple

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If this year keeps its trajectory, it's possible he ll need something to get thru it.

Lexvol likes this.
  2. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

I'd have settled for weak improvement. 6-6 and a shitty bowl was all Pruitt really HAD to do this year. He'll have to sell his soul to match last year at this point.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If this keeps up, I'll take the bullet and volunteer to get caught going down on the guy in his office. Just make sure someone is one the spot with the camera.

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How about Mullen?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The college game is still about QB and the line of scrimmage. Add in a coach grasping and making errors and its this.

6. chavisut

On what? Facts?

7. Ssmiff

You know I wouldnt have minded Mullen. Knew JG would leave and we would win some games with his offense. Hes a jackass jerk and corny, but who cares if you can win some games.
    I dont think he chooses us over UF though

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I know everyone is upset, but I don't understand this popular sentiment. Maurer sucked terribly after his first series, and he wasn't going to get any better.

Why was bringing JG back in such a mistake?

govols182 likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guarantano sucked just as much. Maurer had a reason to suck - he's hardly gotten any in-game reps

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes, the true freshman sucked terribly in his first meaningful snaps of his career, on the road, against a top 10 team, even though he led us to our only points. If you are going to put him in the game in that situation, there is no reason to take him out.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Got to go with Shrout. JG isn’t the guy. Maurer should’ve gotten the whole half.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Guarantano sucked terribly for two years and only got pulled for 3 series. Why not give a new QB the same leeway? Or hell, try Shrout. Putting JG back in there simply says we are quitting.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There's a great reason he was taken out. Our HC has no clue as to what he's doing.

warhammer and utvol0427 like this.
  14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So you are upset that we played the wrong shitty quarterback?

When all of your options auck, it doesn't seem to me to matter much which one you pick. It looked to me like Pruitt put Maurer in to see if a change would spark something. It didn't. Back to plan a.

Of all of the things wrong with today, I just don't see that as one of them.

TurtleTiz likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Imo people are just tired of him and realize he wont beat anybody. May as well play the kid with some wheels.
    Plus he got points on the board in 2 drives and may have eclipsed JGs first half yards.

16. chavisut

Aside from driving down the field and actually putting points on the board.

If we’re gonna suck, I’d rather suck with unknown freshman.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Uh, Maurer led to the only points of the game.

warhammer and chavisut like this.
  18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I might agree more if there was a noticable difference in the level of suck.

The dye is cast on JG hes done. The other 2 dudes have a shot at improvement and are going to be here past this season.

Memtownvol, Lexvol and chavisut like this.
  19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If Mauer starts from day one, we are 3-0 going into today's game. Pruitt is a dipshit for sticking with JG as long as he has.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

One of those shitty QBs has reached his ceiling. The other might get better. We are going to be 2-10 at best with Guarantano.

Memtownvol likes this.