Fun game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 26, 2019.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Where do people to go sing [uck fay] You Alabama along with Tall Paul and 1,000 of your closest friends while doing jello shots in a venue that the fire marshal would shut down in heartbeat if he came in?

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah the time I was referring to in my post was 2001-ish to maybe 2010-ish. I know it might have peaked long before but it was still cool then. So sterile now. And it does suck with the chains.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I was there for OU and for Cal in ‘06. Cal was the loudest I’ve heard it - but I was sitting a lot closer to the field.

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

So in 2004 as a student my buddy somehow convinced a gate guy that we weren’t a threat and security let us on the field.
    For every home game that year I watched from the corner of the end zone on the field. I walked with ainge after he busted his hand in the Norte dame game, I told the Alabama elephant to eat shit after we won; but I’ll never forget the sound of what I thought was a fighter jet landing at the 50 yard line when wilhoit kicked that field goal to win against Florida. It was - without hesitation - the loudest experience of my life.
    JP can get us back.

justingroves likes this.
  5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I was at both. Both are in my top 3.

I'd have OU slightly ahead and I was in the upper deck. My ears were ringing all the way back to Joelton.

Last nite had a couple moments but nothing like either of those games for duration.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

04 Florida was the loudest with Cal 06 being a close 2nd. 06 LSU was loud as hell too. 07 UGA was really really loud after the blocked punt

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

1990 Notre Dame was an ear bleeder. Unbelievably loud

A-Smith likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1992 Florida

Loudest I ever heard it.

hohenfelsvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Place exploded after Jennings housed one against Tabor in 2016. Wilhoit's FG in '04 was probably the loudest moment I've experienced there. The OU game was probably the loudest sustained noise from the crowd and a game that doesn't get mentioned enough is '99 Notre Dame. The crowd was crazy that night.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My second game. I died a little that day.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah but then it became a pile of poop you could’ve even get to or around

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

1998 Florida was a sustained level of noise way above anything ever experienced in Neyland before or since.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wasn't there for that one, unfortunately.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Guarantano's reaction is gold

utvol0427 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

For some reason I was thinking 2015 Oklahoma was the loudest ever recorded at Neyland. Could be wrong though.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I refused to go to games coached by Butch

TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

2015 Oklahoma can't count as the loudest. The sound of Butch Jones sucking interferes with the measurement.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

To be fair, he wasn't doing a lot of coaching during the OU game.

justingroves and hohenfelsvol like this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The loudest point I've ever heard Neyland was 99 Notre Dame after the bogus TD call in the north endzone.

Loudest prolonged was Florida 98.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

06 Cal was loud, but we were up five TDs and pitching a shut out in the third. You need a 60 minute competitive game against a big opponent to be the loudest.

justingroves likes this.