COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Antibiotic will at least help buy you some time. They damn well better have given you some pain meds too.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We get the ball 2nd half or on D?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

on D

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Liberty university reopening this week, ordering faculty and staff back.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

It's like a Tusculum football game from some years back. Come a monsoon at Mars Hill I think it was. Field was destroyed before the game started. Tusculum kicked off in the first half and the conditions were so bad they chose to kickoff again in the second half.

Ssmiff and Tenacious D like this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Uh....ok.

IP likes this.
  7. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Nothing for pain. Told me to take 800mg ibuprofen every 4-6 hours, which is what I've been doing. It does help.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Should have gave you some of the good stuff. I am a total wimp when it comes to tooth pain. I basically need knocked out until I get it fixed.

VolDad, Unimane and IP like this.
  10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If Trump doesn't quit pushing so hard about "getting back to work" this will blow up in his face pretty bigtime. Yes, we do need to get back to work ASAP. But right now we are still on the fast incline. He can't do this "back to work" stuff until we start to taper off. It's going to be a couple of more weeks at least since we didn't do the full court press before we see it start to taper off. But if he's pushing the back to work thing harder and harder then some states will just say [uck fay] it and open everything back up because the President thinks we should be back to work.

Believe me, I would love to be business as mostly normal as possible being self-employed and relying on people buying houses. But I don't think the hard press push on the back to work thing is a great idea at least today. I'd have waited a week before I started talking about this more hardcore.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Pick 6 on the first play.

12. NorrisAlan

Well, they did hire Hugh Freeze.

kptvol and justingroves like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

tooth pain gets me too. Bone pain, really. I can put up with some stuff, but broken bones and teeth... ouch.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The political aspects of this are getting way too much attention. All that is noise. What matters is getting this under control and in the rear view mirror.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

China lost their quarterback job.

16. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Not a doctor but i suggest you look into using ibuprofen right now particularly if you experience any Covid-19 symptoms. I have seen a few articles suggesting a potential correlation between advanced cases of Covid-19 requiring hospitalization and those people that have used ibuprofen to treat the symptoms.

17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm not political at all I am of the opinion they all suck. I'm just saying it's not the time for the "get back to work" speeches. I think that line of thinking can hamper us getting this under control and in the rear view mirror sooner than later.

IP likes this.
  18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my sister works for the city of santa barbara and those are their internal estimates. 5 months. everyone says we are going to be worse than china. is that hysteria?

19. NorrisAlan

I would say it is. And what a local municipality says is not what I would listen to, but the CDC. Cannot believe for a second anyone is talking about a 5 month hard lock-down. Not in any real sense.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is what they are hearing from the cdc and federal govt.