COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What was the misinformation that Trump provided?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same. I don't want to think that way but man he makes you have those thoughts.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Add Ole Miss to the "gives zero [uck fay]s" list -

[​IMG]

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Are you saying they came up with the idea on their own? Or that she’s a liar?

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Boy, that’s something.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you wanted to provide future generations of Mississippians with educational opportunities, buy them a bus ticket.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

agreed. i'm all for shutting this down for a couple more weeks, but to really get rid of this thing people are talking 5 months

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20% unemployment and sending us into a depression will have major personal consequences and will flat out kill people too. arguably a much greater impact than the coronavirus going full scale.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We can't do 5 months hard lockdown. 2 weeks hard lockdown plus isolation is only option IMO

BigOrangeBeech and droski like this.
  12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

We're seeing a really drastic increase in testing. From 10k total to 65k a day. This is step one to cutting down the length of a lockdown.

Tenacious D and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So if we see a spike in cases how do we know that’s not because of a spike in testing?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would think it would be a big factor, but not necessarily one to consider. Just gives us a more and more accurate picture of what we are up against, and that is a good thing.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Then, [uck fay] it. Why bother shutting down for two weeks? Just keep rolling now and [uck fay] you if you get sick. I mean, we've already got exponential growth of those infected which will be well beyond any other country.

We're in this position because we've done a ton of half measures and now we want to quit those. And, no, I don't buy this 20% unemployment and depression will kill more bullshit, or that it will necessarily happen from a short period of half-assed quarantines. I certainly don't buy Trump gives two shits about the suffering of people under such a situation, either.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The idea to use fish tank cleaner instead of a prescription medicine? Yes.

justingroves likes this.
  17. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I think we have to do the hard lockdown - this halfway shit isn't going to work. Too many people just not paying attention to this at all. Yes, we need to get this over with sooner than later and this is crippling the economy but this dragging it out and not just going hardcore is making it worse. If 10 days ago they would have implemented the hard lockdown we would be 10 days closer than we are even today by "halfway" doing what they are asking us to do which is really just slowing it down.

cpninja likes this.
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

U. S. A.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10 days closer to what? Going back to normal and having cases begin increasing?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It would be, in the sense that we were under representing the numbers before. more people don't get infected because more infections are detected.

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.