COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think those were making the rounds last week. The female health leader? Or others?

At the end of Feb and early March the recommendations sound so stupid vs what we know now. I think even maybe to mid-March.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

On making fun of Biden... okay. You can choose to ignore what he was saying on this topic. Just weird how folks want to talk about this journalist and not the leader of the free world.

As far as death counts, ya I don't know if what he says is true or not but it is interesting.

3. TennTradition

He’s also talking about the 100-200 a day that are dying at home without a test.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, that's what I was trying to share but I guess I didn't make that clear. It is what I meant by saying for those who think the numbers of overestimated, consider that there may be numbers not included that should be as well.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mark D. Levine and the Oxiris lady, too.

6. TennTradition

These early Feb tweets look bad but it’s the late Feb and early March statements/tweets from some that really blow my mind.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It just goes to show that we are a little cocky sometimes. We could stand to be more risk averse.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's some kind of elected official, not a journalist. But I haven't ignored Trump's initial outlook that we'd have this thing easily beaten in a week or whatever. It's a little hypocritical that he's taken so much shit over it when it wasn't exactly a hot topic for many Democrats.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't realize he was an elected official. Did NYC just elect a bunch of lemmings all at once?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember some criticizing a DNC debate because the topic didn't even come up, which underlines your point.

11. TennTradition

It has to be true I just don’t know on what scale.

IP likes this.
  12. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I will agree except with me it's the pelicans.

kmf600 likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Boris Johnson has been taken into ICU.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Talk about some quotes coming back to haunt.

15. TennTradition

I agree that it’s clear all our leaders weren’t concerned enough.

But I also wasn’t concerned on Feb 9. However by Feb 25ish when Trump made those comments I thought he was crazy. A lot changed in those weeks.

Yet you still had officials in late Feb and early March bearing the it’s OK drum. Including Dems. I think de Blasio tweeted something stupid as late as the second week of March.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He is not the picture of perfect health, otherwise, anyway. Crazy.

17. TennTradition

That’s bad.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, there were a lot of people making stupid statements at that time. I remember people giving shit to Dan Wolken, for once undeservedly, for saying the NCAA Tournament should be canceled. However, a lot depends on who had access to what information and when. If DeBlasio, Trump or this reporter were aware of health and intelligence organizations telling them this is a serious problem and they still were saying these things, then that is a whole different ballgame.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He has actually been on point with this since day 1.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The first week of March Cuomo was still saying "the general risk remains low in New York"