The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now do the cops.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, this is from the video dump on the donald. Sad, Tenny. Expected, but sad.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The fact that you think this is about justice is not surprising.

The point of this is so that the next time something happens, someone FEARS what is happening now, and does the justice thing immediately.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Made more sense when the Ferguson stuff was happening and cops seemed to be a target.

Not sure what burning a homeless man’s mattress does for a cop’s decision making process.

justingroves likes this.
  5. fl0at_

I know that you aren't sure, but let me help: it's non-discriminatory.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm certain videos of the crimes by non-police that have occurred over the past several days does not capture a representative narrative of hundreds of thousands who have been protesting, in the first place. I do think the videos in total, including bad actions by the police, DO paint a picture of a system in which law is unevenly applied.

7. fl0at_

It's a whole package. Things of this nature are a whole package. You get the good with the bad.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That whole incident is bizarre. Awful to see the man's possessions destroyed and him being upset. But throwing/burning out the homeless' stuff is literally standard procedure for the police when clearing them out. And it isn't clear whether it was protesters or the Infowars folks trying to get a good story going.

Example of destroying/getting rid of all their stuff: https://www.npr.org/sections/health...mps-in-california-aggravate-key-health-issues

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Let’s wait and see if the protests are as helpful as you are.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There were cops in there - getting beaten and ran over.

11. fl0at_

The protests will never be helpful so long as you aren't.

So we'll do this again in a few years. And then in a few years. And then in a few years.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I am ready and willing to help. Please advise.

13. Tenacious D

It shouldn’t surprise you, or anyone, that I’m about justice.

Are you saying that you support and condone this sort of fear-based destruction and carnage, to effect change? Or have you just nominated yourself as the group spokesperson?

What do any of the people in these videos have to do with anything? What wrong have they committed?

Because if you condone these illegal acts, and against innocent and uninvolved people, you sound like you’re part of the problem, and are the actual fascist that you claim to hate.

Be clear in what you do / don’t believe here, Float.

14. Tenacious D

I saw these on a list serve. The_Donald hasn’t been active in months.

But no matter where they came from, how does it affect their content, specifically?

15. fl0at_

Lobby your local, state and federal representatives that police tactical reform must occur, at all levels.

You want to make sure to specify that we need:

1. Far fewer no knock warrants.
    2. Every fatal shooting, or death immediately after custody results in either a closed grand jury, or an open panel review of all available footage.
    3. Police must reduce the escalation of force, and meet force only with similar force. Examples are felony stops with weapons drawn. If there is no weapon, theirs is not pointed.

That is a start. Write. Inform you will vote otherwise until reforms are drafted and presented. And then actually do it.

16. Tenacious D

So, the aim here is that millions of innocent and uninvolved people live in a state of constant fear that they and their loved ones could be physically harmed, their homes and businesses destroyed, if a single cop does a stupidly tragic thing?

Change via threats, fear, wanton destruction, illegal acts, etc. - is that it?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ok. Is this being broadcast elsewhere?

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Whataboutism?!?

19. Tenacious D

So...”two wrongs”.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because by releasing several days of incidents from across the country involving hundreds of thousands of participants, it creates a false impression. If 10,000 people show up and peacefully chant for 12 hours, and someone who was there then begins smashing, looting, attacking, etc... That doesn't mean that 10k people were rioters.