COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, just don't say that out loud, though. Normal people don't care, they just know they should wear a mask

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

993 reported deaths today. Way back up. Tuesdays are always higher though, as some places are slow to report deaths from over the weekends. May be the 4th of July enhanced that delay for Friday, but either way it is up.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah pretty sure it’s the 4th

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Just scanning this article, it appears that cheaper paper strip tests are close to being developed.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If that number holds, then yeah, there's a problem. But it seems likely that it's related to the holiday weekend.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Headline for Florida link was "icu beds near capacity". Article read less than 10% were covid related. Unreal. Well not really unreal anymore.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Confused why that is unreal? Why did you assume it just meant due to covid, and not just take it as written?

It seems like if you made an assumption, that's on you for making the assumption.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd be curious what the normal ICU use is like in non-COVID times.

9. Ssmiff

If you dont see the unnecessary scare tactic and controlling your thoughts with such a headline, not my problem. They got you too i guess.

10. fl0at_

Just real quick study from 2011:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3840149/

11. fl0at_

Exactly what is the scare tactic? I don't see it.

It seems that if that scared you, the only one "got" here, is you. "They" have managed to scare the hell out of you, apparently.

12. Ssmiff

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Where is the less than 10% coming from? I thought DeSantis hadn't released this info?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. fl0at_

What is the tactic? Writing facts?

If beds are full, that is a fact. If writing a factual statement is to be shunned, then I suppose you have a point. But since most people like facts, you don't.

This is a pandemic. Knowing that ICUs are full is important. I have a former co-worker who has had their fiancé in and out of the ICU for seizures the last couple of weeks.

Do you think that if they live in Florida, that that information may be important to them? To know that there will or will not be space available for them should she seize again?

16. Ssmiff

And to add, out of 56 icu beds available in 3 hospitals, 38 of 56 were in use at time of reporting.

17. Ssmiff

read the article float. Beds arent full. Headline is bullshit. Open your brain

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That seems like a completely fair, accurate and responsible article, full of facts and relevant information. I'm not sure what the issue here is.

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Read'em and Weep but never Fold

upload_2020-7-8_14-23-48.png

20. fl0at_

Beds are near full.

This says, only TWO beds are available at the moment.

They can add more, but CURRENT beds are NEAR FULL. As stated.