Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ours is nobody I’ve ever heard of.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So, Napoli has a handful of positive Covid players, decided they aren’t traveling to Turin, and Serie A as of right now is going to award Juve a 3-0 win tomorrow. Seems..... typical

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uhm.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

American Chris Richards starts at right back for Bayern today.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ok, this generation is gonna be special. I think Reyna will be the best of them all.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just hope Pulisic can stay healthy long enough to actually get to play with a lot of this young talent we have coming up. I'm not a soccer expert by any means, but every time I watch him play with the USMNT, he just always looks a cut above and a step ahead of everyone else. I imagine he will be a lot more fun to watch with other highly talented players around him.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I keep hearing this from the soccer board I follow, but I still see Pulisic as the most talented and dynamic. Still, the fact we can have this discussion of those two is amazing. They are, far and away, the most talented and promising players we've ever had.

If we can find an actual striker, this national team could be seriously dangerous by 2026.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was extremely excited reading your entire post, up until right at the very end when I realized how old I will be when this talent finally gets to become potentially dangerous in 2026.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

So apparently the regional health authority FORBADE Napoli to travel. The game got postponed at the last damn second, but it’s still possible that the league will give Juve a 3-0 win AND DOCK NAPOLI A POINT

Bunch of Juventus hacks make up the majority of Italian soccer media and they’ve been working overtime for 48 hours to justify this garbage.

Shit like this just throws napalm on all the Juve conspiracy theory fires.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

hardly a theory when this kind of shit happens.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Y’all, I did not know it was possible for a sports administration to be more dysfunctional than 2017 Tennessee, but it is happening to the La Liga team I follow. Hire a new coach, immediately sell off 6-7 starters. Promise the coach replacements and bring in literally *zero* new faces (not even a loan). The coach, feeing lied to, tries to quit, and the administration demands the three-million release clause. Meriton Holdings are the worst sports ownership group I think I’ve ever come across.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

That’s nice my team literally got repossessed

13. JohnnyQuickkick

And there is a fairly reasonable suspicion that Berlusconi selling to those Chinese clowns was a money laundering operation

14. Tar Volon

Honestly I find both of those easier to understand than whatever Meriton is trying to do right now. I have a mental box for money laundering and financial trouble. But it’s a fair point—world soccer is absolutely wild

15. JohnnyQuickkick

The last 4 or 5 years of the berlusconi era we’re basically what you described, except we didn’t have any players to sell because we had a bunch of bums with fat contracts from free transfers

16. Tar Volon

Valencia didn’t actually sell their captain—they let him walk on a free to their local rival because they didn’t want to pay him anymore. So yeah smh

17. Wigan Athletic supporters might take exception to this claim.
    https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-wigan-h...f-the-greatest-sporting-scandals-of-all-time/
    The whole story is pretty fascinating but the Cliffs Notes are...
    -Guy purchases a financially struggling Wigan that looks set for relegation during the COVID shutdown
    -Guy then places a substantial bet back home in The Philippines on Wigan, who he now owns, to be relegated.
    -Wigan return from lockdown on an absolute tear, earning enough points to drag themselves out of the relegation zone.
    -New owner decides to stop funding the club, places them into administration, triggering a 12 point deduction that sees them relegated anyway.

Tar Volon likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

Nobody really cares about Wigan

19. Not really, but it’s still just an unfortunate story of a team getting screwed by epically shitty owners. Last I read, the fans were actually trying to raise money on some crowd funding site to keep the club from folding permanently.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

So, sending everybody out to play international friendlies in a pandemic seems to have been suboptimal

The Dooz and NorrisAlan like this.