Kentucky

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imo some UT people dont want to see Maurer go down again. It was a rough few months after last year.

2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I feel pretty confident in Pruitt's defense against one dimensional offenses.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

This may sound crass but that's the risk of football. I'm not saying to disregard health, but if he's healthy, able to play, and the better option for QB then he needs to play. If there is that strong of a concern that he will get injured again, then he should give up football and focus on school. There is no shame in protecting ones health.

Ben Tobin and Memtownvol like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I know Maurer was hurt which didn't help, and it seems he can't stay out of the coaches' doghouse.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

30-10 Vols

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think the mental health is the concern. And being on the team probably helps with that.

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Didn't think of that, good point.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No black jerseys Saturday. Couldn't get it worked out with Nike.

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

If this were any other coach I'd call BS immediately.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Pruitt is a rugged traditionalist. He threw the smokey greys in Butch's trash can the day he took the job.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's hard for me to even picture the Vols wearing the smokey grays and not be overcome by a feeling of hopelessness.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Irks me so much that our two three-score comeback wins occurred in those jerseys. I just can’t separate the highlights from Jones, good as they are.

A-Smith likes this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

UGA fan on the radio called him Guaranturnover.

First I heard that one.

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.
  14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

This should be a 38-45 to a 14-21 type of game. I'll shoot the middle and say 41-17. JG will look serviceable against a shitty KY team and all of his excuse makers will come flying out of the woodworks again. Don't get me wrong - I'll be happy to kick the snot out of Kentucky - but I will still firmly know exactly where we stand as long as he's our QB. That would be losing convincingly to Alabama and Florida. Probably winning ugly against Arkansas and right now leaning losses against A&M and Auburn. That would put us at 5-5 with our fearless leader at QB playing the rest of the season and not getting benched or injured.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky is extremely pedestrian. They're pretty much the exact same team as 2018, except with 3 backs instead of one. They don't turn the ball over a lot, but they aren't hitting many explosive plays whatsoever.

They want to play 1994 Big 10 football.

I expect Tennessee to come out about like they did against Missouri, open up passing then run, run, run and run some more. Get a 2 score lead and sit on it

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He did a good job the first two weeks just doing his job. He wasn't bad at it in the first half against UGA, but it went to hell real quick in the 3rd quarter.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Georgia turnt the screws on us after halftime.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They sent a lot more pressure in the second half because they knew they could cover our receivers 1v1 (even on the Palmer TDs, the first was just a jump ball and the second took a perfect throw to complete), and because we couldn't do anything on the ground. The only way we lose to UK is if they can do the same thing. I doubt they can.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This.

What's maddening about the 3rd quarter and beyond is that it's darn near sacrilege for anyone around the team to bring this up as a problem.

Volokie likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Not helping 64 was also an issue and Mays played as bad as any lineman i can recall recently. He was either beat or penalized 7 times

A-Smith likes this.