COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm more concerned with what those disinfectant fog machines to do my lungs than whatever it does to protect me from that 1 in 10,000 chance.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Because politicians are making those decisions.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I throw on my mask right before I get to the window, but I mercilessly make fun of people driving down the road with their mask on, in the car by themselves. But its still better than woke Cletus puffing his chest out while walking around the grocery store without his mask.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Did you not read the conclusion? Here:

It says clean surfaces with soap or detergent. It doesn't say don't clean. (My comments: People don't like to clean things with soap and detergent, and therefore went with disinfectant.) But do disinfect if there has been a confirmed case.

My comments, again: You shouldn't be inside when they use the fog machines. But using them would still be necessary in an office that had a confirmed case.

5. fl0at_

So I did too, and then I learned, some people like to sing in their car.. but get self conscious about it... so they put their mask on.

I didn't know it was a thing.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If this is supposed to make me more understanding it failed miserably. In fact now, I want to make fun of those people more.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wear one at the store and entering whatever building asks me to. I have however and always will have doubts as to their effectiveness. And I know a few staunch mask wearers who only remove them to go to sleep, and they still got covid. I also know some anti maskers who are out and about all the time who haven't had it or haven't had symptoms.

8. fl0at_

Just gives you two reasons.

9. fl0at_

Everyone I know who wasn't a mask wearer got it. And I don't know anyone who were a mask wearer that got it. Well, I know some doctors that got it, and they wore masks. But they were also working on COVID wards, so their risk was way higher, mask or not. I don't know if they count or not.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

By the way, anyone who hasn't yet gotten, scheduled, or signed up for a shot should do so. No one is taking anyone's spot, it is open everywhere in the country. No reason not to sign up now.

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and fl0at_ like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good chance they got that through some form of surface contamination. Next to impossible to avoid when taking all your kit off which has been exposed to constant particles from high viral load patients for hours. That's how medical care workers get Ebola, as well.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don’t agree any chance means we should do something to prevent it. If you want to screw with people’s lives and livelihoods you should have evidence to back up what you do. This is why a large percentage of the population is resentful

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well there you go. Exactly my point

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get vaccinated, this could be over this year if everyone did so.

15. fl0at_

Interior surface decontamination wasn't screwing with anyone's lives or livelihoods, that I'm aware of. Are you saying that surface cleaning, based on CDC recommendations, caused issues with jobs?

16. fl0at_

What is your point? About aerosol vs surface? I can't say that the non mask wearers all got it aersol, because I don't know. There are four or five that I'm reasonably sure lick doorknobs.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How many millions of dollars have been spent on surface decontamination that we know does next to nothing? How many work hours spent?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that the reason we still have coronavirus is people not wearing masks indoors

19. fl0at_

What percentage of overall cost of doing business do you think surface decontamination represents? Because, for mine, which has, I think, nine physical office buildings, and 300 employees, it was, I think, $46,000 for the year? And work hours... the same. It was the same cleaning crews. They just didn't pick up every office's trash every day, and they sprayed something other than their usual windex.

20. fl0at_

People are never going to wear masks indoors. You're requiring the impossible in order succeed. And my point is that we can succeed, without requiring the impossible. By simply being better everywhere else.

We should also wear masks indoors.