Pitt reactions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 11, 2021.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. We're -4 after two weeks and we have something like 200 yards of penalties. The offense is a disjointed, all or nothing mess. Loads of slow developing QB runs, and questionable personnel decisions on offense.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

In 1998, less time had passed since Pitt won a natty than from 1998 to now. We might just be Pitt now.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Mays penalty was one of the stupidest non-DeAndre Johnson ones in a while. I was furious on that one in my living room.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What? Are you saying they know each other and talk? Where did you hear this deep cut of a factoid?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It was.

But I’m sure glad he transferred from UGA.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I might just be getting jaded, but it sure seems like broadcasting is getting worse and worse every year. Maybe it’s just that every single game is televised and every dickhead broadcaster (Dave Pasch) and his brother has a job, but [uck fay] it’s bad.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Milton left 14-21 points on the field early. There was a ball to Tillman that landed right in front of me that should’ve been 6.

The penalties and turnovers are the difference.

Along with getting pissed on by the referees on Hooker’s run inside the 5.

IP, Daddy Gee and Memtownvol like this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Defensively they challenge the offense for every yard on the field and they don't let up regardless of situation. That's old school.

Offensively, they aren't in any way built for what we are doing yet they've adapted well to the change on pace, formations, and the necessary conditioning. Also, our athletes on offense are playing many more snaps than what they would have had prior because this staff doesn't do stupid substitutions.

IP and HotlantaVol like this.
  10. HotlantaVol

HotlantaVol Member

I think we'll finish 6-6. Let's hope they can clean up the penalties and get folks healthy and eligible. Coaching overall looks competent, which I've not seen since Kiffin.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'd make the effort and go watch them play again. Can't say that's the case the last few years. 2 or 3 plays from a W and entertaining. Players like Theo and Banks balling out

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, that first deep ball looked good because it wasn’t overthrown like every other deep ball Milton has attempted this year. But it was significantly under thrown, and while he WR still should have caught it, the poor throw definitely contributed to the drop.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a guy cleaning up around a pile. The whistle had not blown. It's how football is played.

I would much rather have an olineman with a few of those a year than not

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I feel okay about today. There was good and bad. Refs had some pretty key [uck fay] ups that definitely didn’t help. We need a QB.

We won’t win a ton of games this season, but I’m not convinced this coach will be a dud yet.

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Some real Tyler Adams energy on that one.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

My confidence level in Heup was at 20% coming in. I’m probably at 30% now. The QB decision worries me.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think I’m up in the 40s right now. Which is enough for me to not just be waiting for the inevitable firing.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Milton continues as a starter, yes. I definitely understand how practice could fool you though. He looks like a create a player from Madden in warm ups

lylsmorr, TDVol1989 and chavisut like this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Usually, I overreact. It’s what I do. But, I saw coaching competency in the beginning. They knew what to do. We are thin in some places and miss Young badly. I am expecting a pass rush to develop with him. You can see though that we are a semi-competent QB from winning that game. That is not an excuse. It is just THAT important. I see the potential in Milton, but he is not a true FR. He has experience. He has a personal QB coach. I don’t think he is going to be a good QB…ever. I think Hooker is a better option right now. We were warned about those pre-snap penalties and I think those are here to stay.

I think 6-6 is about the best you can hope for but it would break the string of 5-7 first year records the last 3 failures had.

What did Heupel say postgame about the QB? Surely someone asked.

Indy likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That's the thing. Had to go by practice. Now he's seen 2 games. I'd start Hooker next week under the idea Milton needs rest for the long haul.