Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

TCU will lose 1

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm by no means trying to insult Missouri or the DC, they didn't rush up field and just got their hands up. Bennett couldn't throw over them

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Dealing with the tight ends is a challenge they’re probably gonna get theirs but you gotta hit Stetson early and often and make him beat you with his arm.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Texas has the best shot at it.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I'm just going to try to remind myself all week where we WERE and where we ARE now. Regardless of what happens Saturday. I'm sure I'll be cussing and fussing if we lose - whether it's a close loss or being boatraced - but either way even if we lose this has been the most fun I've ever had as a UT fan. Now being 42 years old I appreciate these things more especially after the shitshow of the last 12 years. This team just feels magical. Even if we have a team that's somehow better in a year or two this team will always be special. Because they shouldn't be here but they are.

I'm not afraid of UGA though. I think they are big and physical but I also think if we smack them in the mouth and run by them and score early and often they'll get out of their groove and play our game. And their vertically challenged QB is going to feel the pain. I don't care if UGA burns us several times as long as we put constant pressure on him and knock him around all game long. Their fans will roll over and fold if we can get up on them early. They are pissing down their legs knowing they have to play UT next week. I mean my God when is the last time an opposing fanbase of a #1 ranked team has been actually afraid to play a Tennessee squad? We have nothing to lose but they have everything to lose. Go out there and play with no fear and win or lose I'll try to keep things in perspective. This team will always be special no matter what happens Saturday. But if they beat UGA - they will go from a Cinderella feel good story and a special squad to a legendary UT squad. They will be God's in Knoxville as long as there are people around to talk about football.

Go out there and kick the shit out of Georgia and keep shocking the world. Stick it straight up their ass in their own house and make them realize that UT is BACK and that we aren't afraid of their dumb inbred asses anymore.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nolan Smith, their best pass rusher, may be out.

Mims, their starting OG, looks like he's likely out.

AD Mitchell didn't play against UF

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now, Tennessee should be getting Hadden and Charles back in the defensive backfield.

Tillman got some snaps in last night

Tennessee is healthy everywhere else.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What went on in the Kent St game with them? Sleep walking or something Tennessee can use? I need to see if I can find that game somewhere.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They turned the ball over 3 times and let UF make a 1 score game in the 3rd. Florida is inept on offense or that game gets ugly.

They want to run and dink and dunk, betting their defense breaks you. I honestly think Tennessee matches up against them better than Tennessee matched up to Alabama. They're trying to get the ball to Bowers or McConkey in space. All of their running backs are good, but none are home run threats.

Stetson is limited in what he can do at qb.

The defense is talented and good. They don't force a lot of turnovers but they aren't letting teams get many first downs either.

It's an interesting matchup because Tennessee is going to attempt to force Stetson to throw. Georgia has only really played from behind against Missouri of all teams. Georgia doesn't have that big play guy if Tennessee can get a two score lead, especially if they're smart enough to treat Bowers as a receiver and cover him with a db.

NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I don't really know (or care for that matter). My uga SiL refers to it as "uga being uga".

We talked him into buying that bottle of Woodford Reserve with National Champs engraved in bottle. He said he is bringing it over next week for the game and we would drink it. I did not object.

UTVolinExile and OneForVol like this.
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are as healthy as we have been all season. Pretty dang nice timing.

Volgrad98 and justingroves like this.
  13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can't remember when we could say that going into Nov. Usually by this time we are duct taping our team together.

justingroves likes this.
  14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think we receive our first loss this coming Saturday in Athens.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not totally sure I buy the “better matchup than Bama” thing.

When Georgia has the ball:

Their quarterback is vastly worse athletically, but they do a better job of protecting him and have better outlets. Against a defense that makes its living trying to get into the backfield and forcing the QB to make bad decisions, a good line and good check-down options are a pretty good antidote. If we can’t pressure Bennett better than anyone else has this year, it’s going to come down to whether we can win the battles in the red zone and force some field goals. And we’ve been winning those battles all season, but Georgia is as well-equipped as anyone to play bully ball near the end zone.

When we have the ball: Honestly their D hasn’t been threatened much this year, so it’s a little bit hard to tell how the matchup looks. They do seem less penalty-prone than Bama. Last year, they were less prone to busts in the secondary, but there are a lot of new faces this year, and…well, like I said, they haven’t been tested much. We need to hold our own in the trenches and win battles on the outside, which is pretty much what we did against Bama. But if we don’t have officials ready to pull the flags out against the home team, that may spell trouble.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. juicemane

juicemane Member

For me, it’s all house money from here. This has already been the best football season of my adult life and it’s not close. Worst case we go 11-1 and I’m bringing in the new year in New Orleans. Not too shabby.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Unacceptable to lose to a team with white guys on offense named Ladd and Brock.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Stetson, Ladd and Brock

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Took an Amtrak out of memphis to the sugar bowl with some friends back when Amsler went off. About all i remember from that weekend.

PilotFlyingJ, OneForVol and A-Smith like this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

FYI Tony Thompson went over the top for the game winning score.