Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Georgia's TE's are going to be our biggest problem. Our LB's are going to have to play in coverage more that I like. If we can score like we did against Bama it will be a fun game. Not sure Georgia is built to play an offensive battle.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Got to consider just bringing the safeties down and leaving cbs in man. Glue 19. Make Bennett look around

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think they also have the first offensive line we’ve faced all season that won’t be at a disadvantage against our DL.

justingroves likes this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Has not been our style at all, but I think this is what you have to do against this offense. Hell it almost worked for Missouri.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Missouri also stood up at the line of scrimmage and Bennett couldn't see to throw

This actually happened

zehr27 and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

UGA starting Safety is out.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

My wife overheard woman talking to her friend. Said that she was going to the game and hoped that it would be like the Oregon game.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are definitely better coached than Oregon.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Tied for 2nd in the AP. That was a surprise.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

We'll be #1 in the playoff picture if it is at all objective.

tvolsfan, Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think we can throw on them. I'm not so certain about running the ball. Their defense is very good, but not like the one we saw last year. Bennett is not a great QB, but can be a little slippery, which has given us a few issues this year. Their TEs scare the hell out of me.

I don't have a lot of ways in which I think we can win, but, damn, this is so much fun. 1 versus 2 in November. Undefeated. Tennessee actually the talk of the country and the cool kid. As much as we were successful in the 90s, we weren't the cool, fun team, to be honest. That was Florida and Florida State. Today, it's us.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We lose this game close and Georgia beats Bama in the SECT and we are in the playoffs.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know that we lose this game. I don't know that UGA is ready for this.

14. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

Stetson Bennett is not Bryce Young. It's that simple for me. Add to that the fact that UGA's defense in NOT last year's championship squad. The only factor that gives me any pause at all is playing between the hedges, but Baton Rouge frankly scared me more.

I think Vols win, and I think they do it convincingly.

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I feel Georgia is going to get more pressure on Hooker. Add on that Athens will be rocking for this game, I fear it could lead to presnap penalties and a turnover or two. If that's the case, we lose. If Tennessee doesn't get rattled, I honestly think the pressure to score for Georgia will get them out of their game like we've done with everyone else and it's a good night for the good guys. At least that's how I see it.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

As long as TCU or Clemson lose.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m fascinated thinking about how I might feel this time next week after a win.

I was 7 when we won the title in 98. I was happy, but I didn’t appreciate it the same way I would now. Add to that everything we’ve been through the last however many years. The thought of being the unquestionable best team in the country, on the fast track to the SEC championship game with our QB favored to win the Heisman… it’s surreal.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Tennessee will beat Georgia by 17.

We’re going to neuter UGA on network television.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I hate to be the wet blanket, but their offense uses spacing to compliment balance as well as ours uses spacing to compliment pace. Balance is our defense's kryptonite, first seen in the first half vs Pitt, then the Alabama game. Kentucky tried but they aren't good enough to really challenge us in either and their approach was awful. Georgia has been really good at using balance, spacing(in the opposite way as us, they do a lot of bunch and close spacing then take advantage of the space outside the hashes) to make plays, and if they're clicking they can be so hard to figure out. And then they're as big and talented as ever on the OL, so they can just lean on you. That's always the story in these titanic matchups, and it will once again be the story here. Who wins in the trenches? That will allow you to play how you want to and go on to win the game. I trust our guys, but I know what Georgia is at the same time.

This feels to me like a 38-28, 31-27 type game to me.

Tar Volon likes this.
  20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Missouri defense actually turning out decent this year. They got rid of that bozo last year that had them one of the worst in the country.