We're #1

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I was at the Florida game. I didn’t feel like we destroyed them.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. And in the immediate aftermath, people knew that. A month later, it’s “well, they struggled with Florida.”

A-Smith likes this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They had to go for it every chance they had to keep it within 3 scores.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We were clearly the better team that day, but I wouldn’t remotely approach the word destroy. I feel similar about today at Georgia.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we were up 17 with 7 minutes left and they went for a 4th and 2 from their own 30.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

And they got it almost every time. Preventing a destroying.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We pretty well got destroyed today. Georgia took the air out of the ball in the second half. They could’ve put up 40+ imo had they so desired

DC Vol likes this.
  8. TennTradition

I see you put a team in that spot and you win, it’s an ass beating. Teams don’t do that unless they know their best save a prayer.

9. TennTradition

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah the only reason it was 14 points was because Kirby just wanted to run clock and get out of the game. If he kept his foot on the gas it would have been a 30 point loss.

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I assume undefeated TCU will be ranked 4 and its hard to argue against that. Good news is I see no way they win out.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t subscribe to the idea that UGA would have won by 40 if they wanted to. They’re not an explosive team, and they built their lead on explosive plays. Those can just as easily miss, which gives us more possessions. Yeah, he ran clock, but it’s not like they weren’t trying to score.

warhammer, ole_orange and OneForVol like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

TCU doesn’t have a ranked team left on schedule

14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Texas. Texas is favored btw.

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

And they have a conference championship to play as well. And Baylor is feisty.

OneForVol likes this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

They “kicked our ass” while scoring only 27 points at home. The world is not ending. We will become better in the long haul because of today.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. juicemane

juicemane Member

We will play Georgia again for the natty

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A shot at a do-over and potentially beating them on a neutral site is not impossible. Our defense settled in and our offense learned what it’s gonna take vs them

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m still trying to figure out why a team who could have easily won by 40 wouldn’t want to just win by 40.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t think they can replicate the sacks. If they do, Heupel may not be the guy. I don’t think the deep ball hit/miss ratio would be this bad again either. There’s little doubt in my mind that we can beat them at a neutral site if we play as well as we have against a number of other teams this season.