Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No I didn’t want to play bama again because penalties and missed opportunities weren’t factors we could correct and have a shot.
    Opinions will vary on Bennett. He’s got more yards than Hooker and tore up Bama in the title game, so I give him the edge. He can make every throw Hooker can, but buys time better in the pocket and better runner downfield.

2. Ssmiff

Outmanned teams win every weekend at all levels Indy. They have to be flawless to make it happen.

Am I the only one on this site that thinks we got our asses whipped but want to play them in the playoff on a neutral site?

reVOLt and Tar Volon like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not arguing our talent is equal to Georgia. I’m arguing that our own mistakes were a bigger factor in the outcome of the game than the talent deficit.

I don’t think we have to be flawless to beat UGA. We didn’t even need to be flawless to do it yesterday.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UGA had a big lead against UF last week and Bennett had two interceptions in the 3rd quarter.

Memtownvol and Indy like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It didn't have to be too hard yesterday but he missed a few

6. Ssmiff

This was on the TD run by Bennett. Part of the manhandling aspect. A shoulder bump and we have no containment sending 6. On 3rd down as well iir

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People acting like it was a sure thing he could replicate his first half performance in the 2nd half against us and score 40 are not being rational.

warhammer likes this.
  8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I’d like to play them again…with a more patient offensive game plan. Really interesting that against Pitt and GA we abandoned the running game early. Got to take what the D gives you when they’re that good. It’s a learning experience for QB and coaches.

SetVol13, Memtownvol, VolDad and 3 others like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He should be charged with assault. Sheesh

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And these Georgia fans and players acting all upset like they were disrespected and dismissed is laughable.

Ranked three at the time, not 10 or something ridiculous, and you played like shit against Kent St and [uck fay]ing Missouri.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

They were favored. They’re so stupid. Like the Patriots used to act like they were underdogs every year.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It probably didn't help that the whole gameday gang sat on their campus and picked the Vols.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Someone should have told those people how outmatched we would be.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many drives did we have yesterday where we didn’t do something to shoot ourselves in the foot?

How many drives did we have where we did multiple things to shoot ourselves in the foot?

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Patriots had been there.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We shot ourselves in the foot because Georgia grabbed our arms and pointed the gun straight down.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Hooker missed the receiver running open or misfired to the open guy or they went away from getting 4 yards a carry.

Georgia manned up and took the deep shots away, the staff and Hooker didn't adjust

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t believe that at all. Georgia didn’t make us false start, miss wide open deep balls, fail to field a deep punt, call a run play on 2nd and 15 or 2nd and 8 from our own 3.

I was serious about the questions I asked. I’m curious how many times UGA just straight us stopped us without our help. Guess I’ll go back and count in a bit.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I kind of want to play them again just to see what this offensive staff does.

20. Ssmiff

no way. You know no coach or player wants another shot at a team that kicked their ass Card…