Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I do remember this was Hooker's problem when he originally came here, he was pressing too much. Then they saw him play basketball and told him to play relaxed like he did on the court. Tonight he was clearly panicking too often.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Hey Pitt beat Syracuse FWIW

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So is it a good win again, or still bad?

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

If LSU and ND hang on that should ease the pain a little

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

uhhh …. A lot

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did they just call defensive PI on ND on back to back plays? Lol

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Dang. LSU will have to kick the FG I’d guess….

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This game was likely over by the end of the first quarter. It was 100% obvious in the first quarter we weren't on our A or B game, maybe not even our C game. Factor in the crowd and a team that dwarfs ours in regards to talent and it was over before it really got going. As bad as our situation was when Heupel was hired, we are probably a couple of years ahead of schedule and I'm thrilled that we have a legit chance of climbing into the playoffs and with a Sugar Bowl berth as a consolation prize if we don't make it..

All of that said, I'd love a shot at Georgia on a neutral field. I don't think today's result is in anyway a true reflection of the two teams.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is funny is how much crowing some UGA fans (those on the comments and the YouTube personalities) are doing, all while saying we are an irrelevant program, you always sucked, blah blah. If TN is irrelevant, treat us like it and move on. But I sense something deeper in these people.

Tennessee being good has broken these people. They don't know what to do.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm not going to overthink this one. Lots of shoulda, woulda, coulda on our end. One thing we haven't seen this season is how this team responds to a loss. If they respond like I think they will, we might hang 60 on Mizzou.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

[uck fay] Ga. Their fans keep proving to be the biggest douches in college football.
    And I would like another shot at them. Cut penalties, hit the deep shots and dump the damn ball to the rb into blitzes and it’s a ball game

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The thing that worried me going in to the season was would the defense be able to play well enough for us to win the bigger games. So far they've done their job. They played well enough for us to win yesterday. All we needed was 21 points less than our game average to win. Hopefully we get another shot at it.

13. NorrisAlan

I think UGA just took the air out of the ball because they knew we couldn't score on them. I have no doubt they could have scored 40 if they wanted to do so.

DC Vol likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

15. NorrisAlan

I will say, once the refs called holding on a couple plays in the 2nd quarter, our wrs started getting open more. UGA follows the damn Bama plan, hold like hell, they cannot call every one of them.

Second, on offense, we never, ever ever ran a screen into their blitz.

16. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

The rain saved us a complete embarrassment.

17. Ssmiff

Bama rbs with 10 catches for 140 yards vs a defense manning them up like ga did to us.
    UT rbs, 0 catches and 0 targets

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Y’all should go back and look at Georgia’s second half offense. Yeah, they ran the ball on a 3rd and 20 when they would have thrown if if they game was tied. They’re still not getting the first on 3rd and 20.

Mistakes held their offense back in the second half. They had 4 drives of consequence. We held one for a field goal, forced a fumble on another, straight up stopped them on another, and they stopped themselves on one. Play calling wasn’t the only thing limiting them in the second half. Our defense played well.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think they took the air out of the ball because they didn’t want to give us chances to get in sync. A couple quick strikes and the game changes. They could’ve scored more, but they were worried enough about our offense to make sure we didn’t have that chance (this was most obvious right before half, when they ended up running themselves out of time before getting in the end zone).

warhammer, Memtownvol and Indy like this.
  20. Ssmiff

3rd down 2nd series. We have to use all of this space with Hooker on move or rb

Attached Files: