POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP likes this.
  2. Also; shit like this is why I don’t feel nearly as safe going back to Knoxville for games. It’s possible that 2022 Florida might be the last game I’ll see in Neyland stadium for many years.

IP likes this.
  3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Pelosi says she is going to run for her House seat again next year. She is 83.

Get off the damn stage

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

she’s not a good person

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If the people of her district want a rich octogenarian with her values representing them, then they do.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't know if she's a good person or not, but she's overstayed her relevance and time in Congress. It's time to pass off the job to someone else.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Not if her people reelect her.

justingroves likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Term limits are the answer here.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I used to think this too, but this is an argument for more federal supremacy and takes away rights of states and their citizens.

The Dooz likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I understand this sentiment and that ultimately the voters should decide.

But it would save us from these career politicians that we all rail against.

12. NorrisAlan

Or better yet, age limits. Many things in life have mandatory retirements, including the US Military.

I am not against career politicians, per se, as they have to learn the ropes to become good politicians and leaders. I don't want a doctor to only be a doctor for 4 years and then step down.

But, an age limit on the House and Senate might be a way as it is moronic to see someone like Feinstein literally being wheeled out and told what to vote.

The Dooz likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm sympathetic to this idea and not in favor of term limits myself. My statement was more qualitative.

warhammer likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

64 years of age. Unless I am missing something in your post.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah...

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Increase the number of representatives to match the population and I think that’s the answer.

term limits just means the machine puts the next one willing to play ball in and nothing changes.

but till we stop being content and lazy citizens nothing is going to change

SetVol13, IP and warhammer like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

Please expound. Are you saying there are 80 year olds in the military? I am confused.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, but the comparison is a bit ridiculous. Also, mimicking the military outside of spending a lot of money to blow stuff up is not that great an idea.

20. NorrisAlan

It was just the first thing that popped in my head as to something that has age limits. I am traditionally strongly against term limits and age limits, but [dadgum], it is pretty bad with 85 year old Senators and Representatives.

And Presidents.