Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The coaching world is full of fake idiots. Deion is exactly who he's always been, from the time he enrolled at FSU. Anyone turned off or surprised he's doing what he's doing either didn't watch him play or wasn't born when he was.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In a regular job, hell yes. A sports team, let him get all the cameras and mics shoved in his face, I can do my job in peace

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm the same age you are. Norris is older. This is some No True Scotsman stuff.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Did you like him when he played? If you didn't, you probably don't like him as a coach.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Reason I said it he’s not playing to the audience or the being some he’s not. He’s real and I respect that in a world full of people just trying to sell image and being something they’re not.

Sports are supposed to be fun and entertaining, and sanders is a the top of making it that because it’s so easy to love him or hate him.

zehr27, InVolNerable and NashVol11 like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Like a fighter pilot, you want your DBs and WRs to be cocky and selfsure as possible, to the point of being disgusting. Part of the gig and needed.

As a coach? I don't care for it. Completely different gigs. But I am an old man and the kids obviously play for him, so what do I know.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know who loves him?

Colorado.

People are talking about them more in the last two games than they have in 10 years.

NashVol11 and justingroves like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, the Cowboys were obnoxiously overexposed and had tons of frontrunner bandwagon fans.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is and always has absolutely played for the audience. That is who he is. He's real, and that is who he is even by name- "Prime Time." To say he, "Prime," is not playing for an audience is just not true. That is who he is. You respect him for authentically being the thing you are saying many fake at being. I just actually don't like it. His authenticity is immaterial.

10. Perfect.

VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And the reason I don't like it is because of the effect it has on people who attempt to emulate it, excuse everything about someone because of it, and generally just glom on to it. It isn't just a person's individuality, it absorbs the individuality of others.

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’ve seen people express that thought. A better way to put it though is calculating. He’s a smart dude and much of what he does is calculated. Now I think he enjoys being Prime, but it ain’t just for show because that’s just how he is. He knows what he’s doing.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree with all of this. In fact, i think it is the calculated nature of it that I find distasteful. It is ultimately not constructive. As a player, that's it. As a coach? Not a good example. Again, it is right in the name. You can't have more than one prime. You can't teach future primes. So what will they be learning?

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Alabama going with the ND transfer at QB. Ty Simpson must stink.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That took about as long as I expected. Saw the dude throwing passes in practice that didn’t turn over. Nose up on an out isn’t ideal and kinda hard to do.

16. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

17. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

"Gaslighting" is the way you keep saying you have to kiss his ass or you're a "hater", when in reality it is the exact opposite: I have to call a college kid who is not lying a ****ing liar or I am not only kissing his ass, but forcing others to do the same.
    Deion causing meltdowns after 2 wins lol. Other coaches start **** with Deion, and Ssmiff essentially said he brings it upon himself. If he doesn't bring it upon himself by starting **** with other coaches, and he doesn't bring it upon himself by being inauthentic, then this is primarily about offending sensibilities

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I think all 3 are very average. Their O-line for all the hype they got about being big, played like a bunch of fat blobs.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The act can get old, but Deion has always been this way. I still want to see them play a competent king before we all declare him the GOAT coach, but he's backed it up so far.

But the CSU coach..................mercy.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah you are right Nash. Neon Primetime Coach Prime doesn’t bring any of it on himself. Not even from day one when at a team meeting he told the team no hats and sunglasses, while wearing a flatbill and shades at the meeting.