SC postgame

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Ssmiff, Sep 30, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's how I see it. There is no unwinnable game, but it sure seems unlikely we won't have some stinkers since we've really had 2.5 stinkers in 5 outings.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Though I also see some question marks with Bama to where if we came out hot and got on them early, they may not have the ability to come back.

justingroves likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sounds like Bru can make a full recovery and be rehabbing in 3 months? Extrapolating that from looking up the recovery time on dislocated ankle fracture requiring surgery.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Stud RB from Maryville broke his ankle week 1. That was August 22. He goes today to be cleared for full activity.

It's crazy how far medical stuff has advanced.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

South Carolina fans are absolutely deranged.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It doesn't take many deranged individuals to make a large group look bad.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

everybody has their deranged element but these people are taking it to levels

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the projection that gets me. "This is your super bowl!" Lol, that was a typical SEC night game in Neyland. We play a few super bowls every year I guess.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To be fair, their stadium sits between two train tracks and a county fair a few miles from campus, they cos play being an SEC environment

SetVol13 likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama isn't going to overcome a two td deficit

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I read somewhere he can probably be a full go by spring practice if he chooses to use his covid year

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What will he be next year, 35? Not sure he really has NFL potential, so it all depends on if you LOVE football and or need more school work, but after that injury, there has to be a time when you go "nah, I am tired."

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

All he needs is to catch on and sign as a free agent to very likely make much more than he would elsewhere. If it were me, I'd give it a shot.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I would think it's more likely he's ready to go for draft workouts. I would be shocked if he came back.

I wonder where Mays will be in regards to his Covid year. Would be a big deal to come back.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Had his exact injury back in 2014. I was full weight bearing in about 2 months and was running on it about 4. I'm sure a professional athlete or someone who trains as rigorously as Bru could be back faster than I was.

justingroves and IP like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Both are probably going pro from all I’ve heard or read.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My wife did the same thing plus some ligament damage on Memorial Day weekend in 2018 and walked back into work at the start of August only wearing a brace. By October she ran all over Disney World chasing a 5 year old for a week. No doubt that Bru will be able to get back quick, probably quicker than everyone expects, given the resources he will have at his disposal.

20. It’s a shame I can’t use them anymore without getting stared at. They really are perfect for getting in and getting out.